// fourty three //

Start bij het begin

jamie didn't know which one to begin with, but fred needed this. and chronological order of events seemed best fit.

"guess i'll start with how it happened then."

"and how was that? and why?" fred sighed deeply. it was going to be more tough on him than it was on jamie.

"i, um." jamie took a deep breath, trying to recollect the thoughts from that treacherous first night into some reasonable order that made sense. "i'd had an argument with teddy. over something so stupid, i think over some guy he brought home after a night out. i was jealous, to say the least. i stormed out and..."

and yes; it was all coming back to him now. it was the night him and teddy had an argument. but this time it wasn't the usual back and forth bickering. it was more than that - this time was truly serious. and both of them had stepped over the line.

it started when jamie, it was always jamie,  had become annoyed at teddy's recent escapades. he'd not been coming back to their flat recently at night. when he arrived in the morning, it was with messed up hair and a subtle smile on his face. his clothes were wrinkled and some back to front, or inside out. it was obvious where he'd been. and what he'd been doing, or who he'd been doing.

and this time jamie'd had enough. because rather than going to theirs, teddy brought someone back home. to their home. while jamie was still in, sat in his bedroom.

maybe he'd though jamie would be out; him, fred and louis had planned something but they had to cancel because louis had gotten ill all of a sudden and basically banished anyone who tried to see him because he didn't want them to catch anything. at least, that was according to fred, who said that he'd locked himself in his bedroom and only opened it for fred to give him soup or a hot drink.

and jamie thought teddy knew the plans had been cancelled. but it turns out he hadn't, coming from the cluttering and muffled noises coming from the living room. and then they came from teddy's room. and jamie had his head stuffed between two pillows, hoping for the sound to go away. because he'd had enough.

and when the other guy left, not one to stick around after a one night stand, jamie barged into teddy's room. his head was full of resentful thoughts and he'd snapped at teddy.

he'd called him a slut (he knew he shouldn't have, but he couldn't help himself). and he shouted and screamed until his voice was hoarse. the insults he'd thrown at teddy, he'd rather just forget. but the once playful banter of calling each other twat and wanker, had become much too serious. he'd said now teddy had come out as bisexual, he'd been with twice as many people as before. he'd yelled at teddy, calling him a cheap whore, just trying to sleep with anyone and everyone.

but teddy matched him in every insult. he'd retaliated, calling jamie a fucked-up child prodigy, since he tried to follow in his mother's footsteps at football, but he wasn't ever good enough. he'd snapped at jamie, saying he was selfish, saying that he never cared about anyone but himself. but also saying jamie was at least partially gay but in denial because some bit of him, no matter how accepting of teddy or his family he was, was still homophobic.

and jamie knew teddy didn't mean it, just as teddy knew jamie didn't mean anything he said either. 

and then there was a shriek of pain from teddy, as jamie had slapped him. silence then pierced the air, and teddy was cradling his face. jamie profusely apologised again and again but teddy had shouted at him to just leave.