Chapter 2

Colby stared out of his window, hoping for something to catch his eye, anything. So many people were crawling at his feet, begging to be noticed for even a second. Although some of them were truly beautiful, none of them had that special click Colby was hoping to feel.

    All he wanted was to find that special someone. For Colby believed in soulmates. That feeling you would get when you think you've found the one. He believed in it all. 

    Besides being practically a god that people constantly worshiped and looking for his soulmate, Colby loved adventure. Doing something new captivated him and made his heart beat in a way nothing else could complete. 

    The rush of energy made him feel alive. He knew from his first trip that adventure was his calling, so when opportunity arose, he had to take it.

From: Aaron Doh (YouTube Buddy)

Hey Colby! We're looking for a new roommate and I heard that you're looking for adventure. Come to LA?

    Colby sat and thought for a bit. He had just graduated, so he could do it if he wanted. LA was the perfect place to look for something unique and special. After making up his mind, Colby walked downstairs.

    "Hey mom?" he called from the bottom of the staircase? 

    "Yes dear?" his mom answered. "I'm in the kitchen."

    Colby walked into the kitchen. "Mom, I love you, but I was just offered a place in LA. It's the perfect plan to find whatever it is that I'm looking for!"

    Colby's mom nodded. "I understand completely. As long as you promise to keep in contact and come home during the holidays."

    The brunet nodded. "Yeah, I will."

    "Ok then. I can't help you pack or anything because I have to go to work until late tomorrow night, so call me when you get there." Colby's mom kissed her son on the forehead before giving him dinner and sending him to his room.

    And with that, it was settled. Colby was on his way to LA to start his new adventure. 

    He quickly packed a couple bags before throwing them into the trunk of his car and hopping into the driver's seat, starting the drive that would hopefully take him one step closer to his soulmate and the biggest adventure of his life.

______

Well, here we are I guess. Sorry this chapter is a shorter, but the words in my brain didn't feel like expressing themselves, so although not that interesting, Colby's backstory has been set.