Chapter 31: Lasts Forever

Börja om från början

"Should we get something to drink?" Carl asked looking at me.

"I guess." I nodded lightly as we headed over to the table. A grabbed a bottle of water. "The rest of them, of us, some of them look off too." I said looking at Carl.

"Looks like Abraham is trying to drink it off." Carl said as we looked over to him.

"Nothing new." I smiled to Carl.

"Hey." Rick said walking over. "Are you having fun?"

"It's different." I smiled lightly to him and looked to Carl.

"Yeah." He nodded. I could tell he was a little nervous but I was too.

"I'm gonna go talk to the others." I said as I walked over to the others.

"Hey." I heard as I turned around to see Ron.

"Hi." I smiled lightly turning to him.

"It's pretty boring right?" He asked with a smile.

"It's just different. I've never really been to a party before." I nodded lightly. "It's just something I'm gonna have to get used to."

"Yeah. Enid doesn't really like these things either." He nodded looking to me.

"Are you two together?" I asked naturally. I realized after it was kind of pushing it.

"Yeah we are. And you and Carl?" He asked as I nodded.

"Kinda yeah." I played with my water bottle lid.

"She isn't trying to be mean. She has just lost a lot. She came here by herself." He explained to me. It sounded a lot like me.

"Well I'll see you around I guess." I smiled lightly.

"Yeah." He nodded as I walked away. I'd much rather talk to the others. It was weird that I'd rather hang out with adults, but it was true.

I talked with everyone for a while. They talked about how it was weird but they were glad to be somewhere normal. Maggie was a lot happier now too.

Carl walked over and smiled to me with a nod. I turned to Rick and smiled to him. He gave me a nod and Carl held my hand.

"Lyla Rose, why don't you sing for us?" Maggie smiled to me.

"Sure." I smiled lightly. "Umm..." I thought as I sat on the couch looking at her. I thought of Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.

I started singing and not long after everyone was gathered around listening. I hadn't noticed until I was done singing.

"That was beautiful." Deanna said as she stared clapping and then everyone clapped. I smiled lightly as I played with my water bottle again. I hadn't gotten this much attention in a while. Everyone was complimenting me.

"Thank you." I smiled looking down.

I looked up to Maggie who smiled lightly. Her eyes were teary. I knew I reminded her of Beth. Whenever I sang I thought of her too. I smiled assuringly to her.

Not long after Carl and I left to get to sleep. We walked and I saw Enid walking by the gate. "You go. I'll be there later." I smiled to him.

"Okay." He nodded not sure what I was doing but he didn't question it. I went over to Enid and started walking next to her.

"Hi." I said as I walked with her.

"Hi." She responded as she looked away confused.

"I wanted to talk to you." I said looking to her.

"About?" She asked looking forward.