THREE

CHAPTER THREE - DAY THREE

ARIANA'S nose was as red as the lipstick she wore. Usually she didn't wear makeup but when she woke up at five that morning she had the sudden urge to use the small green clutch and it's contents that had been returned to her two days ago.

But now her mouth was scrunched to the side (the lipstick still intact with no cracking) as she stared over the lodge and the skiing area from her spot on top of the hill. Her sister effortlessly skidded to a stop beside her, she was the natural skier in the family, the snow she cut through spraying all over Ariana's hard boots.

"You alright?" Whitney asked, quizzingly searching her younger sister's soft face.

"Hmm, yeah" She said, completely distant as she drunk in the scenery before tearing her eyes away reluctantly and glancing over at her sister.

"Are you okay?" She asked, emphasising the 'you'. She was worried about her sister, even though Whitney was always upbeat and sassy, and never spoke of her feelings, Ariana would always try to coax them out of her; on many occasions winning them.

Whitney just a couple of weeks before the trip had broken up with her girlfriend. They'd been together for months and for Whitney it was a big deal, it was her second long term relationship and she believed she was in love with the girl. But recently they'd argued a lot, with the girl always picking faults in Whitney and even though Whitney never spoke about it, Ariana knew she cried herself to sleep. They'd broken up because of a comment the girl had said in one of their fights, it was something she couldn't take back; and Whitney (as well as Ariana) was fairly certain the girl had cheated on her.

"Yeah, I'm fine" Whitney nodded but her tone was shaky and for once her bright expression was gone, her now clouded eyes staring at an empty point far from where they stood.

Ariana knew that was a lie but she didn't push it any further, but instead sadly searched her face as they stood in silence.

"But" Whitney started, clasping her gloved hands together, causing a muffled clap to break the quiet, and the beaming smile returning to her face once again, her exposed teeth the same shade as the snow surrounding them. Ariana's worried eyes tore from Whitney's face and up to her eyes as she listened to her speak. Even though her face was much brighter and contrasted what it looked like seconds ago, the blankness in her eyes still remained.

"There are many hot girls here. And I mean many" Whitney stated, her smile morphing into a smirk, "Now we've just got to figure out which ones like girls"

"We?" Ariana questioned, her eyebrows pulling together as she noticed what her sister said.

"Yeah, we're a team" Whitney nodded, swinging her arm around Ariana's shoulders and pulling her into her warm side, as she tapped the side of her nose with the index finger of her free hand, knowingly. "Usually I have a very good sixth sense about this stuff, like a lesbian radar"

"You mean if they check you out" Ariana laughed.

"Exactly" Whitney smirked and winked, she also laughed, "Especially my butt, no one can resist that, you know how that makes people feel" She was right, she was kind of infamous for her perfect rear and on many occasions they had being able to identify who liked girls from just who looked at it, even most guys found their gazes stolen, however Whitney had no interest in them. But she had told Ariana multiple times that 'if they can't touch or taste it, the least I can do is let them look at it'.

The sisters looked very alike in that moment as they stood closely, (it had been commented by a lot of people that pair had very similar faces). It was one of the first real laughs Whitney had done in a while, her sister seemed to have that affect on her.