Jessica nodded. "Let's go," she said, giving Colton her best smile. Her heart might be having a difficult time at the moment, but she has to admit that Colton never fails to make her heart feel lighter.

He can really be the one to fix her.

---

Phillip felt refreshed after his bath. It cleared his head a little and somewhat soothed the pain he's feeling.

But it still damn hurts. He knows, once he sees her again, all the pain will come crashing back. Worse, all feelings he has for her will come crashing back.

It is dangerous for him.

Heejun is right. Again. Talking to his girlfriend before seeing Jessica again won't do them any good. He has to have a clear mind when he talks to her.

Phillip found the others at the lobby. Most of them are already there, waiting for the cars to take them to the studio. Everyone greeted him as if yesterday didn't happen.

Except for Deandre, who gave him a look of scrutiny, but not judgment. Phillip gave him a small nod, which Deandre returned, before he sat beside Heejun.

His friend, as usual, was quiet. But he knows Heejun's mind processes a lot of information. His brain is like a microprocessor. Seriously.

"Man," Heejun said after a minute of silence, "just so you know, Colton has leveled up. Please control whatever emotion you will feel, okay? I don't want a part two of yesterday. You will lose fan girls if your face continues to look like a punching bag." Heejun pointed at black spot in his jaw.

Phillip nodded in understanding. "I'll try, man," he said sincerely. Heejun has been a very good friend. It's hard not to grant him a simple wish.

But fate has always been cruel to Phillip--- it wants to immediately test him.

He saw them immediately because he seemed to feel her presence even before he sees her.

Colton just got off the elevator with Jessica. His arms were around her shoulders; her arms were around his waist.

Phillip almost forgot his promise to Heejun. Because when he saw them, he forgot everything but the surge of pain that rushed through him.

It was killing him inside.  

When his eyes met hers, he almost broke down. There was pity in her eyes and so much tenderness that it took all of his patience not to get up, grab her, and run away with her somewhere where there is no complication to face.

Phillip gave her a small smile, before averting his gaze.

He tried not to look at her for the rest of the waiting even though his heart is bursting of longing.

----

Jessica's heart ached at the sight of Phillip. She doesn't know if he had gone through the same night, but she had a rough night.

She wasn't able to sleep a wink.

She didn't exactly say goodbye to Phillip. She couldn't. Not yet. The confrontation that happened between them yesterday was not a 'goodbye' for her.

But she couldn't help but feel it was 'goodbye' for Phillip with the way he's acting towards her.

Jessica looked at the guy seated beside her. Colton.

Jessica feels it is unfair for him when she still thinks a lot about Phillip, but she's been honest with Colton too. She hasn't said yes to anything. She hasn't even said I love you back. But yes, she's giving him a chance. She's an idiot if she won't give a special person like him a chance.