No better

August POV 

I was at the ring shop with Claire. She ain't like it, just like I hate the fact she didn't tell me right away when Paige had cancer. I picked up Paige and Jake. "Which ring should I get?"

"Who is it for? Mommy?" Jake asked

"Nah its for KhaLani."

"You should get that one." Paige said pointing to a big gold ring.

"Can you put me down?" Jake asked. I put him down and he ran to Claire.

Claire POV

"I'm going to get sweets from the gas station across the street. Would you like to come Paige?"

"Damn can she at least stay with me?"

I nodded. Jake and I walked to the gas station. "You mad Jake?"

"Yes. Why daddy getting a ring for someone else?"

"We all gotta move on one day. If I get married to Cody, will you be mad?"

"No."

"And you don't expect August to get marry?"

"No. I thought we were a family."

"We are. Deal with your father getting married."

We got chips, juices, sour worms,  sour cherries, and cotton candy. We walked back to the ring shop.

KhaLani POV

I was getting dressed to go to Claire house. I heard someone knocking on the door. "Who is it?" I asked while walking to the door. I expected an answer. I opened the door and saw Maddie

"Long time huh?" She said smiling and holding a little kid hand.

"Why are you here?"

"I think its time for August to take care of my child." She said pointing at the little boy.

"Who's child is it?"

"August friend Blake."

"You came to the wrong house then."

"Nope. Remember that promise?"

August friend Blake got shot 2 years ago and he ain't here to take care of his child. Anyways August made a promise to take care of Blake's family when he's gone. Dude kinda knew he was gon die at a young age I guess, but now look who's apart of Blake's family.

"I got to go soon and August ain't here so he can come in."

She nodded and left. I grabbed my stuff and we left.

Alena POV

I was at home with Trey and we about to take Loren and Tamia to the park. I got a bottle of water and headed to my room. "I can't go to the park with y'all." Trey said putting on his jacket.

"Why not?"

"I got something to take care of."

"Take Tamia with you. I'm gone. I hope you not going to see another girl."

Danielle POV

I was chilling at home with Dustin (from B5) and we was watching a movie. "How many kids do you wanna have?"

I started coughing on my popcorn. "Kids already?"

"Yes."

"Maybe 2."

"We can start now."

"Uh no. I gotta go to Claire house."

I got a text from KhaLani.

KhaLani: Meet us at the hospital Paige ain't doing to good