VIII.

Be each other's paradise

Need a picture for my frame

Someone to share my reign

Brandy was perched on top of an apartment complex, looking out over the city. Wakanda was a beautiful place. However right, she was more concerned with finding T'Challa he did something that he would regret. She scanned the roof tops and she found him facing Bucky Barnes on top of another apartment building to her right. She didn't even hesitate on making her way over. Neither of them noticed her presence as they were too focused on each other. Bucky let his guard down for a split second and Brandy made her move. Just one thought subdued the Winter Soldier and T'Challa looked at her in awe.

"So that is why you are so powerful", he said removing his mask.

Brandy turned away, slightly embarrassed. She hated using her powers but she wasn't going to let him do something stupid.

"That's not important right now. You need to get out of here", she told him. "This is no place for a king to be."

However, T'Challa wasn't so easily swayed.

"I'm sorry Ms. Harris but this man has a price to pay. I will not allow him to get away with his crimes."

"T'Challa believe me when I say I know what it's like to want revenge but nothing good comes from it. So please, I'll alert the authorities to this position and they will get him. He will face the consequences, I just don't want someone else I care about to get caught in the crosshairs. Please just trust me", said Brandy with an outstretched hand.

The two of them could hear the footsteps of the royal guards coming up the stairs to the rooftops. T'Challa put his mask back on and walked past her.

"I do trust you Ms. Harris and I just hope you are correct."

Brandy subtly followed T'Challa back to the palace. He refused the services of the Dora Milaje who were now even increasingly worried about his disappearance. Brandy slipped back into the garden while everyone was preoccupied with T'Challa's reappearance. She sat down against the large tree in the middle of the garden. Her eyes closed as she pushed the events of the past 48 hours out of her mind. As much as she loved being around everyone, all of this drama was not good for someone whose powers were controlled by emotions. Her thoughts were halted as she felt a large weight placed on her legs. She opened her eyes to see one of the panthers with his head rested on her legs. She scratched the top of his head and he let out a long, deep purr.

"They are not very fond of people"

Brandy looked up to see T'Challa who was now dressed in his royal robes. He looked to be a bit more relaxed but still had a determined look on his face. He sat down next to her and the rest of the panthers flocked over. They all surrounded the two of them and Brandy felt a strange wave of peace wash over here.

"I have a question for you Ms. Harris", T'Challa said breaking the silence.

"Who are you?"