Chapter 2

Day 21:

I drummed my fingers on the table, waiting for food. Thump thump thump thump. Thump thump thump thump. I continued this all throughout the Sorting Ceremony until we got to a girl named Scarlett Foxx.

“Gin. Please.” Hermione put her hands over mine.

“Woah Hermione!” I said smirking. “I know we've been friends for a long time but.... I just don't feel that way about you,"

She frowned at my comment and replied, "Just... stop tapping okay?"

I let out a big sigh to show my annoyance.  "Fine."

“I know... Gryffindor!!!" The Sorting Hat yelled. Scarlett Foxx walked over to the Gryffindor table, with her arms snapped at her sides.

I started studying Scarlett, in the completely normal way. He hair was obviously dyed multiple times. It looked a bright unnatural red which was cropped right at her collarbone and layered. She had brilliant blue eyes that became hard to look after a while. Scarlett seem taller than all the other girls and had more cleavage. She seemed older than. the other girls which concerned me. She looked my age...

"Hi I'm Scarlett Foxx!" She said quickly. She held out her hand and I shook it. She had a slight accent not like the ones I hear at Hogwarts. We mostly have British, but there are also Scottish and Irish accents. But this one seemed... American? No. Not American. I- it CAN'T be. Apparently I was giving Scarlett a weird look, because I was kicked in the shin by Hermione.

“So! Scarlett.” Hermione said. “How old are you?”

"Oh. Its a... long story," She twiddled her thumbs. "I'm in 10th grade." I tilted my head in confusion.

"Sorry. I mean I'm in my 5th year," Scarlett corrected.

"Wait how were you Sorted if you're in your 5th year?" I asked.

"Its a long complicated process that... I'd prefer not to talk about,"

Well that just make me want to know more. But, I respected her decision.

"So! I here the famous Harry Potter comes to this school right?" I shifted unconformably in my seat.

"Yea..." I told Scarlett. "But we don't know where he is at the moment." Scarlett smirked and laughed a little.

"Hogwarts is said to be the safest place in the Wizarding World yet you lose the person who defeated the Dark Lord. Yep. Completely safe..."

"You're tellin' me," I muttered.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

"All perfects, incoming and previous, please follow Professor McGonagall to her office to get your patrol partners." Professor Flitwick had to say it twice so everyone would hear him. Eventually they all did and we followed her to her office. It was really... classy.

"Why did you call us all in here? We already know our patrol partners," Pansy Parkinson said with a sneer.

McGonagall raised an eyebrow. "Do you now,"

She vigorously nodded.

"Well Miss Parkinson. I don't believe you do." McGonagall frowned at her. "The Heads of the Houses have come to a decision that the houses have been at a rivalry for far too long,and they need to love in harmony," 

"Why is it important?"

"Ronald!" Hermione yelled. 

"Its true!" He said defensibly. "They haven't been working in harmony for like a bajillion years-"

"There is no such thing as a 'bajillion' Ron," I told him. 

"Shut up Ginny no ones talkin' to you!"

"Well then!" 

"For once I agree with the Weasel,'' Draco told us.

"Hey!"

"Not about you Weaslette," He looked at me with... was it? No! It was... affection. "I mean about how we should work in harmony." He looked at Hermione a sneered. "The houses haven't gotten along for hundreds of years, why start now?" Many others murmured in agreement. 

McGonagall finally spoke up "This has been instated but Professor Dumbledore himself,"

"I thought you said the Heads of Houses had come to a decision?" Ernie Macmillan reminded us. McGonagall frowned. 

" Okay, here are your patrol partners Hannah and Robert, Padma and Ernie, Ron and Pansy, Hermione and Drac-"

There were many groans and heavy sighs. "Is there a problem here?" 

"As a matter of fact th-" Hermione covered Ron's mouth before he could finish. "No problem here Professor !" Ron and Hermione started to talk quietly to each other. 

" Ginny and Astoria-" I stopped listening. I looked over at Astoria who was a pretty Slytherin in my year. She had brown hair that was curly at the tips and astonishing blue eyes. She gave me a friendly smile and waved. I waved back halfheartedly.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

"Why is McGonagall doing? Is she trying yo make this the most miserable year?" Ron asked.

"I don't know. Why start this year?" Hermione said.

"Well You-Know-Who is back. Maybe that has something to do with it." I said.

"Probably. Hornsnack," Hermione answered. She said the password for the common room and it swung open.

I walked up to my room and saw Scarlett Foxx sitting on my bed.

I slammed the door behind me.

"Why are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm you're new roommate!" She said smiling.

"Okay! Yay..." I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about Scarlett. I don't know what it is.

"Well. I'm gonna hit the hay." What. I gave her a confusing look.

"I'm going to bed. Its a saying…" Her voice trailed off.

"Goodnight,"

That night, I had a dream that Scarlett and Draco snogging. Then he turned into a snake and she turned into fox and attacked me. I work up in a cold sweat and didn't remember any of it.

==========================================================

Hey! Next chapter uploaded!! Yay!! I hope more people read it cuz I have BIG PLANS! I will try and upload every week or 2 weeks Okay? okay!

Find me everywhere else!

IG: @weasley.is.our.king

Twitter: demigods7

Tumblr: weasley-is-our-king-

Kik: The_Quibbler_

Say you came from Wattpad and I'll follow back.