19 | BET ON IT

Bryce Loski's Point of View

     "How- how are you so smart? You know- how do you just know this shit? How are you so mature?" I asked, staring over at Naomi. She smiled a little, leaning towards me, "I do not know everything!" She chuckled.

"Sure you do.." I stated, my nose up beside hers, my heart speeding up a little. I placed my  forehead on hers, our eyes meeting, smiles forming on our faces. I chuckled a little, Naomi doing the same.

She let her head fall down into my chest, I wrapped my arms around her tightly, pulling her closer into my chest. Her head nuzzled into me, I bet she could hear my heart pounding against my chest.

"Well, you know everything about me." I commented. She looked up at me, "Not true." I laughed. She pulled away a little, "Come on. Tell me something I don't know about you." She teased a little.

My arms slung loosely around her, "Let me see..." Bet she doesn't know how much I like her, that seeing her makes my day better, she makes my heart race.

Naomi intently stared up at me, her arms wrapped around my torso. I sighed, "I-I like you." I stuttered, beginning to tremble.

She slowly backed away, her arms still around me, "You- you what?" She asked me, her eyes searching mine.

My heart pounded out of my chest, my cheeks turning red, "I- I like you Naomi. I have liked you.. for a long time."

"You-you like me?" Naomi questioned, losing her breathe. I nodded, "I like you." I stated firmly.

Naomi breathlessly chuckled, pulling away from me and letting her back rest against the wall. Naomi took a deep breathe, "Holy shit. You like me."

"Please stop saying it." I laughed, looking over at her. She turned her head to look at me. She scooted closer to me and placed her chin on my shoulder, "Oh Bryce Loski..." She trailed off, biting down on her bottom lip.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice soft and sweet.

"I think I may like you too." Naomi informed me, my heart pounding so hard against my chest it felt like it would lift me up. I let out a relieved sigh, "Really?"

"Really." Naomi smirked, pulling away, I placed my hand on Naomi's. I interlocked our fingers together, smiling down at our hands. Naomi smiled a little at me before placing her head on my shoulder.

"Want to go to homecoming with me?" I asked, looking down at the girl beside me. The girl who made me feel something nobody else ever could.

Naomi's eyes met mine, "I hate that cliche shit." She bluntly stated. She harshly bit down on her bottom lip, "But you're lucky I like you Bryce Loski."