Chapter 5 - Escape

Chapter 5

The jousting was the most stupid thing lana ever witnessed, it was just a lot of posing men trying to get on up on each other.

Lana was surprised when the knight of flowers rode up to her and Sansa and gave them a rose each, father didn't look happy but lana didn't care. She kept seeing Littlefinger looking over at her but she ignored him, his ego was probably just damaged, he'd get over it.

After the joust lana went back to her room. She unlocked the door but was startled to see Littlefinger standing beside her bed.

"Hello again lana." He smirked, there was something about him that made lana unsure.

"What are you doing here, don't you know it's rude to enter a ladies room without a invite." Lana snapped at him still standing by the door.

"Lana I like you because you are different, I have had to live my life in somebody's else's footsteps and I want you to know that you can trust me." He stepped towards her

"From what I have heard nobody can trust you." Lana said, he was was close to her now, his eyes bore into hers.

"There are people in this city who want you dead, you need to trust me lana."

Lana was shocked. How could anyone want to hurt her when she had only been her a few days.

"I don't believe you." She stammered.

"My dear that may be your biggest mistake." He stroked her cheek and left, leaving a confused lana alone in her room.

2 weeks later

One day it seemed like lana had everything, the next she was on the run for her life. The king was dead, her father was taken captive for treason and the queen ordered capture of her, Sansa and arya.

"Come on lana we need to go." Littlefinger ordered, getting his horse ready. They had run from the castle to the stables and lana wore a red cloak to hide her appearance.

"My family, they need my help."

"You are one girl lana, if you go back you will end up captive like them. The best thing I can do is to write to catelyn and Robb, they will help your family. Now go, I'll send a bird with you so you know the way. You have to get out of kings landing and back to your family in the north." Littlefinger explained picking lana up like a doll onto her horse.

"Thank you." Lana said, she was shaking.

"Thank me when your safe, now go."

Lana rode like she never had before, she couldn't feel her face as the cold night air stung her skin. She didn't dare look back incase it was one of the queens men coming for her.