Chapter 22: A Baby

Zacznij od początku

He hadn't asked me yet. The questions or any questions and I wasn't ready. He knew that which made me happier. I wasn't exactly feeling the best I could've been, but it was getting better with the support. Soon enough I'd be ready to answer and I hope he didn't hate me when I was.

We looked for a while and saw carving on the side of the church. "You'll burn for this." I read looking to Carl.

"Burn for what?" He asked as I shrugged looking at the markings.

"Whatever it is I hope it's not bad." I said looking to him.

"Me neither." He said as he looked around the corner. "Those marks." He said looking at them.

"Knives definitely." I said as I touched one. "They look like they were struggling to make them though." I said looking to him.

I saw Rick walking over. "Tyresse said you two were out here. We found food. Lots of it." He said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna head in." I said looking to Carl as he nodded still looking at the scratches.

I walked inside and saw Michonne, Maggie, and Glenn taking everything out.

"Anyone want Lima beans?" Michonne asked as everyone shrugged.

"Lyla Rose?" She asked as I crossed my arms with a smile. She chuckled lightly.

"We'll make a table and everyone can grab some of everything." Maggie said as they separated the cans.

Not long after it was dark and everyone was eating. I made my plate and was walking to sit away in the corner when I looked to Carl sitting in the middle. He wasn't wearing his hat. He noticed me and scooted over. I sat next to him and started eating. It wasn't much but it was a start.

"I'd like to propose a toast to the survivors. Everyone here has earned that title. To the survivors." He said putting his glass up with wine in it. Some people clapped and cheered and some clinked glasses. Carl and I both had water in our glasses. They drank wine and I chuckled lightly.

"What?" He asked looking at me.

"We have water and they have wine. It's kind of like the Bible verse. Plus we're in a church. It's like a whole big pun." I smiled lightly.

"That's so weird. How is that the one thing that you pick up from this?" He asked as he tried not to laugh to much.

I shrugged as I chuckled lightly. "I don't know but it's funny." He shook his head and looked back to Abraham and I did too still eating some.

"Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep with two eyes open, rinse, and repeat. Cause you can do that I mean you got the strength, the skill. The thing is with you people for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now we get to Washington he can make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad take away for a little road trip." We were all listening contently to his speech. "Eugene, what's in DC?"

"Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." Eugene explained. He only spoke in fancy words and had the most southern accent to go with it.

"However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer then you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us, save the world for that little one." Abraham said as he looked at Judith and Rick. I ate quietly and looked to them too. "Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there."

Judith mumbled lightly. "I think she knows what I'm about to say." Rick said as everyone chuckled lightly. "I think she's in. If she's in I'm in. We're in." Rick chuckled as everyone clapped and smiled.

I ate some more of my plate quietly. There was beanie weenies and some carrots. It was pretty good for canned food.

It didn't take long for me to finish with everything. Everyone was talking and having a good time. I sat there with them not saying much, not thinking about much. I saw them happy and that was enough to make me not feel like shot.

"Where's Bob?" Sasha asked looking around. No one knew. "I'm gonna go look." She said as she walked out with a gun.

"Daryl and Carol aren't here either." Tyresse said as him and Rick stood up to look for them.

The rest of us waited. They came back and the others weren't with them. Sasha started threatening Gabriel and Carl and I watched as Rick handled it.

"I was always alone." Gabriel said looking to Sasha and then everyone.

"What about the woman at the food drive Gabriel? What did you do to her? You'll burn for this. That was for you. Why?" Rick asked looking at him. "What did you do, Gabriel? What? What did you do?" Rick asked yelling at him as he held his collar angrily. I watched worried as well as everyone else. We were about to learn what he was hiding.