I smile at my phone and shoot her a quick response that just says: I'm panicking

I watch the three dots turn to words.

My parents want to meet you because both of my grandparents talk about you a lot, and frankly so do I. They might ask you some weird questions, but just hit my leg and I'll tell them to stop. Deal?

I contemplate her offer for a little bit before accepting. I jump off the couch, realizing it's 3:30 and she would be here to pick me up in an hour.

After asking her what the appropriate attire is, I grab a sleek, lacy black dress and slip it on. I rush to the bathroom, putting on some light makeup.

Taking one last look at my appearance, I decide my hair looks flat. I grab the curler and attempt to add some volume to it, but getting frustrated I unplug it and put it away.

Knock. Knock.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I mutter as I rush back to my room and grab a pair of dangly earrings. I sift through my closet, trying to locate a matching pair of heels.

Wonderland's knocking grows more insistent so I shout, "I'm coming! Chill with the fucking knocking!"

She stops knocking and her melodic laugh floats to my ears as I find my matching pair of heels.

I make sure everything is turned off before I grab my purse and open the door.

"You look..." I giggle as she very openly looks me up and down, "Sexy. Like, just, damn."

"Thanks," I say. My eyes move up and down her body, but they land on the slit in the red fabric of her dress that travels up her right leg. God, I'd love to just...

I shake my head, clearing it of the thought. I need to start focusing on what I'm going to tell her parents. While we're in the elevator, I realize that all I did was ogle her and I never complimented her on her looks, "you are stunning by the way."

"Gee, thanks for taking ten years," she says, throwing her hands up in mock exasperation.

                            *   *   *

"Are you starting at school with our daughter tomorrow?" Alice's mother turns her attention to me.

"Y-yeah," I stutter nervously, knowing the interrogation has started. Sensing my discomfort, Alice reaches over under the table and gently squeezes my knee.

"Alice told us she's been helping you set up your apartment," her mom says and I suck in a breath anticipating her question, "you live alone? Where are your parents?"

"Mom," Alice says warningly.

"What," her mom asks confused, "it's a valid question."

"It's not the kind of question you ask the first time you meet someone," Alice explains and I slide her a look of gratitude.

"Well I asked it so she has to answer," her mom crosses her arms across her chest.

"I'm not going to be able to avoid this," I sigh, "I don't have any parents. They left me as a baby. And now I'm old enough to legally live on my own."

Her mom's face softens and her dad looks up from his food, just now joining the conversation.

"I'm sorry," Alice says quietly. Her hand makes its way to my thigh. I grab it and give it a squeeze, telling her to be careful where she goes.

"It's alright," I look her in the eyes and feign a smile, "I'm over it now. It happened a while ago."

"That doesn't make it hurt any less," Alice says softly, her face matching the tone of her voice, "I think it's time for us to go."

Alice pulls me up from the chair. Passing by her mother she glares, but passing by her father she gives him a kiss on his cheek.

When we settle in the car, Alice turns to me, "I'm glad we drove separate cars 'cause that was not a pleasant conversation."

I nod in response as she starts the car. "We have school tomorrow so no staying over," I say. I turn my head to look at her and I see her bottom lip out in a pout. Damn, I wanted to nip that lip so bad.

"You're no fair," she whines, "how am I supposed to sleep without my space heater."

"I'm glad I mean that much to you," I sarcastically remark.

"It's not my fault you're warm," she states as we pull into the parking lot of my building.

"At least let me walk you up," she pleads.

"No," I say knowing if I was to agree she would never leave.

"No fair," there goes that bottom lip again.

Without thinking, I lean over and bring my face inches from hers, her breath mingling with my own. Her lip was still out in a pout so I do what over been dying to do for a long time and I gently tug her bottom lip with my teeth, earning a gasp from her. I just wanted to tease her so I pull away.

"Not so fast," she pulls my shirt towards her and connects our lips. As our lips are dancing together, I feel a small nip in my bottom lip which cause me to gasp, allowing Alice's tongue to slip into my mouth. God, she felt so soft, and she tasted like honey. I moan softly into the kiss, causing her to smirk.

We break apart, panting. I wish humans didn't have to breathe because I wanted to kiss her longer. Damn lungs.

My hand shakes as I pull open the door eliciting a giggle from Alice. I turn and glare at her sharply before whispering, "Goodnight Wonderland. See you tomorrow."