Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies

Start from the beginning

Tyresse was talking with us about how Lizzie left rats by the fence at the prison and nailed a dead rabbit to a board for fun. It was frightening.

"I was thinking she might've killed Karen and David, but I don't know how she'd get them out." Tyresse said quietly. He had been rocking Judith since none of us wanted to leave her by herself anymore.

"She would've just let them turn." Carol shook her head. "It wasn't her."

"So what do we do?" Tyresse asked looking to her.

"I can leave with her." Carol suggested looking to us.

"What?" Tyresse asked surprised.

"We can't sleep with her and Judith under the same roof." Carol sighed. "She's even a danger to Lyla Rose too."

"You wouldn't make it. Not on your own." Tyresse explained. Her idea was crazy but it was the best option besides letting her stay.

"She can't be around other people." Carol stated.

"Maybe we can talk her back somehow. Get her normal." Tyresse suggested.

"She won't be able to change. We've tried to convince her for too long. She thinks it's okay." I said looking to Tyresse.

"She's right. This is just how she is." Carol said as tears welled up in her eyes. "It was already there. I didn't see it."

"How could you?" I asked looking to her.

"I should've seen it." She said with a slight whimper in her voice.

"So maybe Lyla, Judith, and I go." Tyresse suggested.

"You won't make it either." Carol shook her head.

"I've done it before." I explained to her.

"Not with a baby." She shook her head. She was right. Judith would make things ten times harder.

"She can't be around other people." Carol said blinking as she looked to Tyresse.

"So does that mean your gonna-" I started as she put her hands on her head. I took a deep breath and she went to get Lizzie and walked outside.

I cried lightly. I didn't want her to but there was no other way. I heard a gunshot. I cried harder. It was over.

"We can't stay." I shook my head. "We can't stay." I repeated as Tyresse hugged me. "We have to leave." I cried more.

After a while Tyresse went outside to help bury them. Not long after they called me out. I brought two cookies with me.

"I should've been outside." I said with a sniff as I put a cookie on each of the graves and held onto Judith. "I'm sorry." I cried as I looked at the graves. Tyresse and Carol both put their hands on my shoulders.

"It's not your fault." Tyresse whispered as I cried more.

We eventually went inside and none of us wanted to eat. We put Judith to bed and we sat in front of the puzzle. We didn't start it, we just sat. I got up first and went to the couch to sleep. I was tired from crying and I didn't want to be awake right now.

I woke up and they were packing quietly. "We are leaving." Tyresse said quietly. "We are going to Terminus." I nodded and packed my stuff up. I grabbed my recently cleaned blanket from outside and we left. We stayed quiet as we walked. I had a backpack in front of my chest with Judith in it. Everyone packed up on all the food and supplies.

I still had nine bullets and five knives. The governor took my favorite one a while ago. We followed the tracks and headed for Terminus.

"Are you two okay?" I asked as we walked.

They both nodded to me quietly. I smiled lightly. I don't know what happened last night but I'm glad it did. I hoped we found our people soon. I missed them. Especially Michonne, Beth, Carl, Rick, and Maggie. They could be alive somewhere and it was more scary then knowing they were dead.

We walked and walked for so long. We saw more signs the closer we got to it. There weren't many walkers by the tracks which was good. Judith didn't really like the bag so we had to carry her a lot.

"We're almost there." Carol sighed as we looked at one of the signs. She went over to a walker to kill it. Tyresse couldn't do it yet. She ran back over and she said there were more coming. And by the look on her face it was a lot more.

We hid but they were coming our way. Carol started to stand up to leave but distant gunfire pulled them away from us. It was in the direction of Terminus. We watched quietly until they were far enough so we could get up. Judith stayed quiet the whole time.

"What do you think is going on?" Tyresse asked.

"Whatever it is it's probably not good. We will go around to try and scope it out. I made sure I had an extra knife in my boot and then I put the pistol in the other while I held my main knife.

We walked until we saw a small cabin but there was also a man there with firecrackers. He must've been trying to set some walkers over here.

"I know how to wipe my own ass." He said as we looked at him confused from behind a bush.

"I knew the chick with the sword was bad news. Bitch looked like a weapon with a weapon." He said as I looked to Carol. It had to be Michonne. It had to. Carol started walking up slowly and quietly.

"I told Albert I want the kids hat after they bleed him out." He added as Carol clicked her gun and aimed it at his head. Carl. Michonne and Carl.

"Drop it and put your finger off the button." Carol warned.

"Look y'all don't have to do this." He said shaking his gum. "We have a place where everyone is welcome."

"Shut up." Tyresse warned.

"Okay." He said quickly.

"The chick with the sword and the boy with the hat? They're our friends. Ass hole." I said as I hit him on the side of his temple with my elbow.

"Why did you do that?" Carol asked looking at me.

"Dr. S taught me how to knock someone out easily. I had to practice it sooner or later." I answered as I looked to her. "Besides he has our friends. We need him anyway. You should probably tie him up." I said to her.

They both knew it was true and so they did so. The man woke up and looked at me. "You pack a mighty punch." He said as he lifted his hands to his temple.

"Why do you have or friends?" I asked with squinted eyes. No point of my innocent act with one dumb guy.

"Look they came at us. We were just holding them." He explained.

"I don't believe you."

"Do you have names?" Tyresse asked a she rocked Judith. Holding her all the time really made my arms sore.

"Or do you have any other people?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"No just the boy and the samurai." He explained.

"I still don't believe you." Carol answered and neither did I. There is no way they were the only ones. It couldn't be true.

"There's a bunch of us back there in six different directions. There was a lot of gunfire back home. We need to set off those to keep the dead ones away. That's good for you too." He responded looking at Carol.

"No it isn't. There's a heard heading for Terminus right now. We don't want to confuse them away." Carol said as she took the bag of explosives. "Were gonna need their help."

"It's a compound. They'll see you coming." He explained to Carol as she started to walk out. "If you even make it with all the dead bodies heading over."

"Carol." Tyresse stopped her before she made it out. "How are you gonna do this?" He asked quietly.

"I'm gonna kill people." She answered simply before walking back. I was gonna volunteer to help until she said that. I couldn't do that. Not yet. Carol left and Tyresse looked at the man. Terminus wasn't what it was said to be and we were gonna figure this out.

Well I definitely hoped so.