A scoff left her lips before she continued to finish her first sandwich. When she had completed the food item, he looked over to the bowl of red grapes and plucked one off of the stem. He held it up to her, and she rolled her eyes. "Drem, I'm not letting you feed me." His lips upturned into an amused smile, as he lowered the grape back into the bowl.

I'm already feeding you. I prepared this meal for you after all.

Hearing her grumble something under her breath, she picked up a different grape from the bowl and popped it into her mouth. When a small amount of juice slid down the right corner of her lips, he grabbed a napkin and dabbed it. For a brief second, he noted that embarrassment crossed her countenance. "You were just waiting for that to happen, weren't you?"

It's not my fault that you're a clumsy eater. If you were more careful, I wouldn't have to wipe juice from your lips. Of course, I would rather lick it off. Now, that would be truly enjoyable.

"Can you go one day without being a pervert and/or creep?" she grumbled, grabbing another grape and chewing on it soon after.

Now, why would I do that? You know that you like that part of my personality. The embarrassment that you sometimes wear on your face proves it. You're just too scared to admit it; you're worried about submitting yourself to me. Are you still so scared of me hurting you?

"Yes, you're unpredictable to me. I never know what you'll have planned next. We're on neutral grounds, Drem, but I still know what you're capable of. Regardless, your feelings for me have a serious flaw in them. Say that sometime in the distant future I fall in love with you. What will you do when I grow old, and when I die? I'm not immortal like you, Drem."

Silence reigned over him. He didn't know what he would do if she grew old and died. It was hard to say or even think of that. Drem didn't want her to die. Never hearing that enchanting voice of hers again or viewing her sparkling (e/c) eyes. The list could go on, and he didn't desire for her to disappear from his life. Something will work out. I know that it will.

"Don't lose yourself in fantasy, Drem. You know where that led you the first time. No one should suffer the fate that you received, and I would hate for you to have to experience something similar again."

How kind of you to say. Are you becoming more and more concerned for my wellbeing?

"Maybe, though, only because no one should have to endure what you went through. Like I have said many times before, don't think too much of it," she replied, picking up another sandwich this time and putting lettuce on it. "I guess that I am curious about something, though."

And, what would that be, my love?

"Your childhood, since I've only seen that one picture of you. Even with that, I couldn't even see your characteristics."

Tugging at his lips was a wide grin. She finally wanted to know about that time in his life. Exhilarated at this, he moved a bottle of strawberry soda over to her. He popped the lid off, as it began to fizz. Take a sip; it's my favorite drink, and I want you to love it as much as I do. I'll answer once you drink some.

His gaze remained fixated on her, as she gave the bottle a questioning look before she took a sip. Hopefully, she would love it. Granted, it would be better if he could kiss her after she finished her sip. That way, he could taste of the delicious soda and her lovely lips at the same time. He knew that it would be a divine combination.

"It tastes pretty good, and the flavor tastes more natural than artificial," she mused, as she looked over the ingredients in the soda. As she did so, she questioned, "Will you now answer?" He began to write when she peered back over to the paper.

Yes, but I'm so pleased that you like it. Anyway, any particular time that you wish to know about in my childhood?

"Not really, just tell me one of your favorite moments," she mentioned, taking another sip of the drink.

One of them was back on my first day of kindergarten. I was five at the time and was walking back home from school. While passing by one of the playgrounds, I saw something under one of the red swings there. With my childish curiosity, I raced over to inspect what it was. Before my eyes was a small orange tabby kitten.

Carefully, I picked up the small creature in my arms and held it up. Since it had been asleep beforehand, it opened its green eyes and yawned wide. Its soft meow was absolutely adorable, and I instantly promised it a home. The fluffy creature looked to me and meowed again.

Not being able to resist, I zoomed back home and took the kitten with me. My parents were quite surprised to find me with a stray kitten, but they allowed me to keep it. They told me that it could be my first day of school gift.

Excited at this news, I spent the rest of the day playing with the animal, while I debated on its name. I decided upon Nip. For the next ten years, Nip was one of my main supports. Nathan had met him when we had become friends back in elementary. When I was fifteen, however, Nip had an infection and didn't make it.

That first day that I had met Nip, however, was golden, as were the times after it. In some respects, it was a good thing that Nip had passed and hadn't lived on for too long. I would've hated to learn that the cat had forgotten about me.

"You're really trying to tug at my heartstrings, aren't you?" she inquired, a neutral expression on her countenance. Drem could tell, though, that she was trying to hold back a smile. Unlike her, he grinned.