Ceyla of the Moon

From the very beginning ,people have been drawn to the moon. There a countless books which mention the goddess of the moon. Children tell her their biggest fears and dream. Love birds share their vows witch op Goddess of the moon is real.

At a really cold winter day a blond boy with green eyes named Dean was born. His parents were beyond excited for their little family to move home. The moment his mother took him out of his little crib he cried whit all that force god gave him. His face turned deep red and his little body shook.

The only thing that calmed this little boy was the moon mobile above his crib. From that day on Dean shared a special bond with the moon.

"Tell me what to do " he weeped, tears running down his face. The moonlight made them look like little drops of mercury. If only the woman in the moon would answer him. He could really need some advice. The kids in his class were mean to him, again. His family wasn't as rich as the families whos kids went to Pluto High. Dean only went there because he got an scholarship, which his classmates wouldn't let him forget.

It wasn't his first time crying while looking out of his window starring at the decrescent moon and it woould not be his last time for sure.

This night Dean wasn't able to see more of the moon than a tiny stripe of silver in the dark. He wasn't sure if he had ever seen so little of the moon. His best friends seemed to leaving him like all of his other so called best friends.

" Dean" a voice called from the living room. It was his mother. He didn't even get the chance to answer her calls because she busted into his room. "Mom don't you know how to knock ?" he complained wiping restfully over his face so she wouldn't see the tears in his eyes. "You know it's unnecessary to hide it. I know my moon baby cried. I'm your mother!" she sight hugging him closely. " I've made you your favorite dinner. And aunt Maggie brought you some cherry pie." with this she left the room. If he would not go his aunt would come to check on him. This was the last thing he wanted. So he went to family dinner, like every Friday. The Green family consisted of his mother Lauren, his father Frank, aunt Maggie, uncle Steve, his cousins the twin Dom and Zyan and his grandparents. The dinner was mandatory for every Green to attend. Dean waited patiently for it to be over. He was tired and wanted to sleep.

****

All those lonely souls were counting on her to help with their needs, dreams and sorrows. They were relying on the the Goddess of the moon. especially this one boy named Dean seemed to have a special bond to her, because every night he talked to her for hours about how mean those other humans were and how sad he was.

It broke her heart to see his face. It was the face of a vulnerable boy not older that maybe seven turns around her sister, the sun.

Right there the goddess decided it was time for a little hope on earth time for a little more kindness an love.

Goddess took a shooting start from her stable. Shooting starts were the most common used transportation used by the Planeters, the official names of all the Gods and Goddesses of the planets. Her father was the God of Eris, a small but powerful planet. While the earth moon was grey silverish, Eris was orange just like the earth sun. This also represented the the tempers of the planeters living on it. Moon was a clam and reflected person, while her father was a little hot head.

When her shooting star hit the hot ground of Eris, the Goddess was nervous. Her father wasn't a fan of the human kind. Planeters weren't like humans with a physical form, their form was of spiritual energy. "father, I'd like to get your ..." the Goddess opened the dialogue but was cut short by her father. " You'd like to go down to your beloved humans. Go. You are old enough now. " The Gods voice echoed from all over the planets surface. The Goddess was surprised to hear her fathers approve. she thanked him and took her shooting star back to her moon. It was time for her to help this little boy to see the moon light. Even when the sun was out .

To visit earth the Goddess became a ray of light. Together with the rays of moonlight she traveled down. It was freezing cold on the way, the sun seemed to be powerless against the dark. The only travel companion she has was a small star.

When her ray touched the surface of the earth, she transfigured her form. from a blue cloud of light to a human. Never had the Goddess expediences something like a human form before. For any other human she must have looked strange. Her human form was a girl, around nine sun rotations old. Her hands brushed through her silver waves. They were just the right length, cut off under her shoulder. A reflection showed her that her eyes were as blue as Neptune.

She wore a dark jeans and a moon phase shirt. Would't it be for her grey hair, nobody could even tell she wasn't human.

The place she arrived on earth wasn't far from the boys house. She didn't want to scare him by landing in his room or right in front of his window. His neighborhood looked like many, she had seen from her moon. Many of small houses with gardens, broken sidewalks, rooming cats and children playing hop-scotch.

Finally the Goddess approached deans house. She had never before interacted wit a human. Anxiously she lifted her hand to knock. After two times knocking her hand against the blue door the boy opened up.

**************

Dean was surprised to find a girl in front of the door. The silver haired girl seemed to send out love and happiness. " Do I know you?" he questioned her. The Goddess shook her head, making her curls swing. "I am your best friends since birth. You talked to me every night from your window." Dean jumped back from the door. How could this girl know about him talking to the moon and assume he would not question it . His window was located in the back, facing the great lake. She could not have seen him. Before he could ask her she explained. " You always talk to the moon. Each night. I am the Goddess of the Moon. To be specific I am the Goddess of Earth Moon. You Dean,are my friend. You can call me Ceyla."

Deans mind went blank, he couldn't think of a word. This girl on his porch really thought she was a goddess. " Yes and I'm King of Mars" sarcasm covert Deans insecurity about the whole talking to the moon thing up. He wouldn't give the kids from school another thing to pick on him. " No really. You told me everything. Last night you told me about the kids picking on you because you have a scholarship and not a rich family" Ceylas lowered her head and starred what Dean believed to be a stone. The words he was about to say were stuck right then and there. He didn't tell anyone about why the kids picked on him, so how could Ceylas know.

"Okay, Ceyla Goddess of Earth Moon. Welcome to Earth and my house. Do you want to come in?" Dean shook of his skeptics and asked her in. She was thrilled to see a house for the first time in her life. "be quiet, otherwise my parents will hear you! You are my secret friend, Ceyla" Dean explained before he led the way to his room.

Dean closed the door and sat on his bed, Ceyla remained one step away from the closed door. " Have a seat." Dean pointed to one of his large toy drawers, which were also used as seats. " So why did you leave your home?" Dean asked while trying to find the moon in the cloudy sky. " I saw how sad you were and that humanity definitely needs love and kindness now more than ever since my birth."

As much as Dean would like to deny that the earth needs love, he knew she was right.

"So how will you give it to us?" he asked. It's not like you could easily make people have feelings especially when they are as complex and deep as love.

*****

Ceyla was really overwhelmed by the impressions, sounds and smells she experienced in this small amount of the time she spent on earth. " To answer this question I have to tell you a little story," Ceyla told the little boy. He nestled into his bed, the eyes glowing in excitement. " My people are called Planeters. We each have our own Planet or Moon to live on. We bring them to life. ," Ceyla observed how Dean was taking it. He seemed to be really interested in her story. " So inside of each planet there is a gem which stores the Planeters power, we call it the Heart. A planet can only survive without its Planeter and Heart for four hours." Ceyla proceeded to explain. " To give you love and kindness, I have to gift you the Heart of my Moon." She reaches into one of the pockets of the blue dress she is wearing, pulling out a black gem. It glowed at Ceylas touch." Take it Dean. Plant it under the full moon this midnight. Only a Child of the moon can do so. But before you do that, you have to wish me back to the moon with a shooting star, otherwise the moon will die and earth will die" Ceyla added in her head." Deans eyes seemed to pop out at any second. Of course what would she expect of a boy. " Midnight is only half an hour away and and and the sky it's grey. I can't do it" Dean cried out. He could not do it, but Ceyla thought different. She handed him the heart and dissolved into moonlight. Her last thoughts were about Deans turn to safe the world.

The boy run for his dear life, his hand clenching to the heart. The watch on his wrist showed only five more minutes before the earth would be doomed forever. In the corner of his eyes he could see something light up and disappear. "Get Ceyla back home safe" he wished with his whole heart up the shootingstar. A last glance at his watch, only one minute left. He run and run. His feet where hurting and his bearth burned inside his lungs. The second his watched switched to midnight, he threw the black stone into the cold lake he wished upon the moon. The moment the stone broke the mirroring of the moon, a wave of warmth and love spread.
Dean saved Ceyla and she saved humanity.