Changed and Broken

Spike stared silently at the door and willed it to open, the old oak doors caving to the strength of the slayer. Minutes past, and when it failed to open, he just shook his head and threw on his duster hoping a walk would clear his mind. He swung open the doors and stepped into the crisp midnight air. The cold was refreshing, and breathing deeply, he allowed his mind to wander.

*Flashback*
Spike silently cried as he watched Buffy being lowered into the ground. When he had fought with her only days ago, she had seemed so energetic, so, full of life. And now here she was. Being buried in the ground as cold as her skin had been when she was found. He dried his tears and turned away, deciding to pay his respects later, when he was alone.

*present*

Spike found himself walking through a familiar row of white stone until he reached one that he lovingly caressed. 'Here lies Buffy Summers. A loving daughter and friend. You will be missed' Spike scoffed and shook his head before laying down a single white rose. "Buffy I know you and I had our differences... but I wish I could have let you known how much..." He shook his head and rose to his feet, casting one last glance down before turning and walking away.

Only seconds later, he slowly turned around. The grave that had been so serene seconds before was now overturned as if something had forcibly ripped the earth apart. Slowly, his eyes traveled upwards. There, resting on the gravestone with confusion etched onto her face was Buffy. Spike fell to his knees. "Buffy?" Her head whipped toward him and he gasped. She looked afraid. He rose and slowly walked towards her. "It's alright pet, it's just me." He reached out and grasped her hands before wrapping his arms around her in a hug. "I thought I had lost you." She began to tremble in his arms. "Buffy? Hey, what's wrong?" Spiked grasped her chin and gently raised her head. Tears trailed from her eyes. "Spike..." "Yes, love?" She trembled more. "I- Angel he." "What happened?" She trembled harder. "I tried to fight him off. He was too strong. I couldn't do a thing against him. He..." She slowly tilted her head to the side. Spike looked closer and saw two small holes, parallel to each other. "I'll kill him."