(y/n) POV

"Continue! Trouver refuge! (Keep going! Find shelter!)" I called to the people.

As the last few people headed for the door, I took a deep breath. I picked up a vase from one of the tables and threw it at one of the robots. It hit the machine in the shoulder, causing them all to stop. They turned their heads to look at me.

"This way, tin cans!" I taunted.

The robots turned and marched towards me. I smirked a little. I grabbed the front of my long dress and took off, running away from the robots and away from the panicking crowd. Running down the halls, I could hear the sound of metal footsteps hitting the ground. I glanced over my shoulder to see the robots still following me. As I turned back around, I suddenly ran into something.

I stumbled and would have fallen to the ground if a hand hadn't grabbed mine. I was pulled back up to my feet and found myself staring into a pair of brown eyes. In front of me was a tall man. His hair was short and spiky. He wore a blue suit with a red tie and red converse.

"Are you alright, miss?" he asked with what I guessed was a Scottish accent.

"That depends on your definition of alright," I replied. "If you want to say that your feet hurting from running is alright, then I'm feeling amazing!"

He chuckled before his expression turned to slight confusion.

"Why are you running?"

Before I could answer, a voice rang through the hall.

"DELETE!"

We looked behind us to see the robots marching down the hall.

"They would be the reason I'm running," I said.

"That would be a good reason."

I quickly kicked off my heels. With one hand, I grabbed part of my skirt, and with the other, I took hold of the man's hand.

"Allons-y!"

We took off down the hall, running from the robots. After a while, I let go of the man's hand, allowing us to move a little faster. He looked at me as we ran.

"What's your name?" he asked, breathing heavily.

"(y/n)," I replied, glancing behind us. "(y/n) (l/n). And you are?"

"I'm the Doctor."

I looked at him, confused.

"Doctor who?"

He smirked.

"Exactly." I rolled my eyes. We rounded a corner and found ourselves at an intersection. "Do you happen to know this building, (y/n)?"

"I've been here a few times."

"Any idea which way to take?"

"Not a clue. But I have an idea that will buy us some time. Follow me."

We ran a short ways down the right hallway before ducking into a closet. I shut the door quietly and we stood in silence. I heard the robots pause at the intersection before walking down the right hall. They walked passed the closest, continuing down the hall.

I slowly released the breath that I apparently had been holding. The Doctor tried the door, but it wouldn't move. I groaned in annoyance. He glanced at me before pulling a small device out of his pocket and pointing it at the lock. A whirring noise filled the small room.

"What is that?" I asked.

"A sonic screwdriver. We'll be out of here in a minute."

I nodded. I looked down at my dress and thought for a moment. Grabbing the flowy skirt around the knee area, I ripped it. The Doctor looked back at me in confusion. I shrugged, dropping the material on the ground.

"What?" I said. "It's hard to run in a dress that long."

He smiled slightly. Suddenly, the door unlocked and he opened the door. We stepped into hall and ran down the left hallway.

"That was good thinking, (y/n)," the Doctor said.

"Thanks, but we're not out of this yet. Any idea what those things are?"

"They're called Cyberman. They used to be humanoids before they began to upgrade themselves with artificial parts. That's their entire goal: to upgrade. They transfer the human brain into one of their hollow shells in order to do so. All human emotions are removed so they do not appear weak."

"That's lovely to know. So that means we should stay away from them."

"That would be correct." He paused as his eyebrows knitted in confusion. "But what are they doing in Paris?"

"Some big company owner wanted to introduce them as the city's main defense system. During his presentation, the Cybermen turned on him and killed him. Everyone went crazy and tried to get out."

"Everyone but you," the Doctor pointed out.

"I thought I could distract them long enough for everyone to get away."

"And you've done a very good job of that, (y/n). Now, any chance you would know where this company is located?" I nodded. "Wonderful. Follow me!"

I followed him down a series of halls until we ended up outside. I shivered slightly since I had left my coat back inside. The Doctor pulled me down an alley towards a blue police box. He opened the door and stepped inside, motioning for me to follow. I looked at him like he was crazy, but followed him. When I stepped inside the box, I froze. It was huge!

"Oh my gosh!" I said.

The Doctor smiled.

"Yep." I stepped back outside and looked around. It appeared to be just a normal sized police box but the inside was so much bigger! "Go on. Say it."

"Say what? I'm not saying anything." I paused and chuckled a little. "This thing is incredible! I've never seen anything like it."

"Why thank you. This is the TARDIS, time and relative dimensions in space."

"So you're a time traveler?"

"Time lord, actually, yeah. Basically a time traveler." I chuckled. "Here, you can borrow my jacket for now." He handed me a brown trench coat. "Now, we have a city to save."