Chapter Fifteen

Mulai dari awal

"Why are you here without the frozen chicken ?" Hauwa asked the moment he opened the door .

" Yahsalam! Am sorry let me go and get it right away something came up and I totally forgot sorry " He squeaked out with a rapidly beating heart. Knowing that she might flip and send him out of her house for good.

" What to do ?you're this dumb , useless and stupid man who knows nothing but to eat , drive my car and spend my money. Am no longer interested in the chicken courtesy of your forgetfulness now come to the bedroom I have needs " And he followed her like a lost puppy. Her words stinging him like a scorpion's bite at heart .

*

The house is a four bedrooms apartment, with a guest bedroom , a large living room with a dinning area,a modern kitchen with electrical appliances , a backyard ,a laundry room  .Big rooms adequately furnished with air conditioning and an attached toilet , a closet and vanity mirror .

The first time they came to see the house they all awwed and ohhed , not believing their luck . Ummie had cried that day thanking Alhaji Sani over and over again for being the reason behind all the good things happening to them .

It has been a week since they relocated and they still can't believe it wasn't a dream .Zee came to visit after school and D begged Ummie to let them go to a saloon nearby to wash her hair, complaining that her hair looks like that of a grandma and stinks  like a pit latrine .Zee and Ummie laughed to that and off they went .

It was on their way back that they met the devil which totally changed their moods to an angry one.  No one said a word until they reached home .

" Ha'an what's wrong with you guys? " Ummie enquired seeing their somber expressions.

" Ummie you can't believe who we saw today, it's that man and he had the nerve to offer us a lift even asking who Ihsan is " Zee said flopping down on a couch with a tired sigh .

" Subhanallah. Hope he did not try anything stupid? " knowing fully well who that man is Ummie asked again . Everyone who knows Zee know that she refer to Ahmad as that man as if saying his name out loud will cause a catastrophe.

" No, he wouldn't dare, I would've slapped him wallahi " Khadijah was looking at them like a zombie and after a while she squeezed her face with a small hiss  she  went into the kitchen.

" Madam bring your lazy self here, aunty D will be here after Asr and we have a lot of things to  prepare " D called out from the kitchen totally changing the subject. She was so happy today because her darling Afreen is coming and she get to wash her hair after a long while of having to live with a stinking hair but seeing him open up old wounds that are almost stitched up.

" okay Ma! Am coming " Zee called out from the living room passing Ihsan who was playing with a toy to ummie.

They made Samosa and meatpie then baked a cute cake for Afreen with her name beautifully designed with fondant icing.

They also made fried rice with slices of liver in it and veggies. Then natural guava drink with tiger nut juice.

Everything was set on the dinning table before the call for Asr salah was made . They ambulated to D's room and washed off the stress before praying side by side .

" Zee I can't wait to wean the twins and start school. Please don't forget to buy the JAMB form for me and the past questions and answers " Khadijah said folding the mat and her hijab .

" In shaa Allah D, but don't you think aunty D will still sponsor your education in Abuja?"

" I have wondered about the same thing too, but I can't leave you here Zee, she will understand and now that Baba can afford the fees it will be better if I don't burden her and daddy "