Chapter Fifteen

*
The past five months had been terrible for Ahmad, Hauwa is no longer enthusiastic about him, he's longer her number one guy but an errand boy to her and the men she mingle around with.It hurts him real bad to be treated that way by the woman he gave up everything for .

He will endure any kind of mistreatment from her , any kind of torture and any kind of disrespect if not for anything then for the money and security she offers.

From the moment he pronounced the divorce to Cat he knew that life will never be the same for him , the void in his heart widened a bit more, he could not believe that the day he never thought is  coming has come and in a blink of an eye everything changed . He had forsaken the only link between Cat and him all for a woman who has no compassion in her heart, no love and no mercy , a woman who is fearless and live life as if she will never die but is he any better than her ? When last has he prayed the five daily prayers without skipping either subh and ishaa or only pray asr salah ? When last had he gone to the mosque to pray in congregation? The last time he recite from the holy Qur'an?that he can't remember.

Thinking of his late mother is something he forbade himself from doing, he had tried reaching his uncle but the man asked him to come down to Jigawa and visit his mother's grave ,he promised to think about it which riled his uncle up and he warned him to never show his face to him again.

Why is it that no one understands him ?he is doing  all these to get a better life for himself, agreed he's being selfish and inconsiderate but even Mama will want him to live a luxurious life.  But where is the luxury ? He had asked himself the question he doesn't have an answer to .

Driving through Ring Road he saw two women by the road side.  From a distance he recognised Cat, she was laughing at something her companion said looking so beautiful like an Angel, she was holding one of the twins while the other woman whom he can't get a view of her face is holding the other .

He drove closer and stopped the car, he came out and walked the remaining little distance from where he parked and where they were standing clearly waiting for a tricycle or commercial bus .

" Assalamu alaikum " He greeted sporting his best smile , he should have just sat in the car and watch Cat's ethereal beauty but something in him wanted to talk to her and listen to her voice maybe it will make him have a reason to continue living life .

" Wa'alaikassalam " Comes Zee's reply. Khadijah turned the other way round looking at the tricycle driving towards them and making some gestures with her hands for the driver to stop.

" I can drop you off at wherever you're going to cat " He made another attempt yet , Zee was sending daggers his way .

Unfortunately for them ,the tricyclist said he's not heading to where they are going to .

" Here ,let me take her. who is she by the way ? " He made an attempt to carry Ihsan from Cat who flinched even though his hands are not touching hers .

" Look Malam ! Please leave us be and stay out of our lives. D don't need you likewise the twins .Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you can't even tell apart your "ex kids"? " Zee bellowed.

" Zee please stop losing your cool over a stranger especially on the street, let's go " Khadijah said coolly with a dangerous edge to her voice and they left Ahmad with mouth hanging open .

Did Cat just call him a stranger? Is she really the same Cat that loves him with the whole of her heart ? Who tolerated him for almost 2years ?

He stood there like a statue till they were out of sight .With a shrug he went back to his car and drove back to Hauwa's crib totally forgetting about what she sent him to buy .