Chilling

Tonight I was going out to party with my bestfriend Denver and to finally meet his girl.

Run down on how I met Denver

One drunken night at a event
We saw each other the entire night but didn't speak. I remember I went to get a drink by him and he passed me my cup.

Later on that night I ended up with my friend at one of her friends house. There were drinks going around, music playing, people sitting in the back, pizza, and card games going on.

I was sitting down at a table talking to some girl when I realized Denver was all into our conversation. When I looked over at him he tried to act like he wasn't. He kept doing this for 15 minutes.

"What's your name?"

He looked around

"Yes I'm talking to you so what's your name?"

He laughed and moved closer to us

"You guess it starts with a D"

"Derrick, Darius, De or Dashawn" the girl said

"Your name doesn't start with a D they called you something else earlier"

He kept laughing

"Nah its a place people go"

The girl kept on guessing but I was over it

"It's Dakota" he said and looked at me

"Why you gotta lie about what your name is?"

"I'm not. B tell her my name is Dakota"

The one he called B tried to hide his laugh "that's his name I guess"

I wasn't falling for the man game. Didn't understand why he had to play around and not tell us his name.

"Aye Roman let me get a slice" one of his boys said as he came over and waited for the liar to pass him a slice.

The girl was still guessing his name. I guess she was way too gone that she missed dude call him Roman.

Liar kept looking at us and moved closer. "So what's ya names?"

"I'm Nicole" the girl said
He looked at me. I shrugged

"So you not about to tell me your name?"

"Nah you lied on a Sunday so I'm not telling you"
He started to laugh again

"You funny and I'm sorry. I'm Roman and you are"

"Nah Denver you can keep your sorrys"

"Girl I said my name is Roman"

"I know you did but I like Denver better"

"Ight you win. So I guess your name Denver too"

We kept talking and getting to know one another.

By the time everyone was leaving. I had sobered up. I mean I did stop drinking about 5 hours ago while some stopped drinking about 2 hours ago.

My friend walked over to me. I got up and grabbed my things.

"Wait Denver that's not your girl right there?"

I turned around and looked at him

"Nah I met Nicole here. Our friends are friends"

He nodded his head.

Nicole friend came and got her.

Denver ended up walking out with us.

"It's Rae"

Denver started smiling and he held out his phone.

I put my number in and I kept it pushing.

The next weekend. I went out to this event that my school had.

I was mixing an mingling with people I met the weekend before and the people that I knew.

I had just came back from the bathroom when someone had bumped into me. I had on a White top and their drink completely missed me.

I was glad. I realized it was that B dude from Sunday.

"My bad. Wait I know you right?"

"Not really but we was at that event on Sunday"

"Oh yea you was hanging out with Roman right?"

"Who?"

He started to laugh

"Come follow me"

I went and followed him and saw his bros

Denver spotted me first and came up and hug me and kissed my forehead

"Look at my lil Denver. You good you need anything"

I wiped my forehead. Didn't know who or what he was kissing on.

"Nah I'm good. He brought me over to speak. I got people that's waiting on me"

"Why acting like that" he said as he walked away from his bros

"What you mean?"

"We cool. Why you stopped hitting me up"

"Bruh I just got a new phone"

"Oh yea. My bad Denver"

"Anything else Father?"

"Nah just hit me up and let me know before you leave. I'm going to keep my eye on you tho"

I nodded my head again and left from him.

Since that day we been thick as thieves. We text all the time and party every once in a while.
We flirted here and there but never nothing serious. We even made a pack if we didn't find someone by the time we were 26 we would just have our first child together.

At age 22 he welcomed my niece Denve Rae.
I became her godmother but the situation between him and her mother isn't good. I'm the neutral party between the two.

We been there for one another through our relationships and the break ups

We been there for one another through our relationships and the break ups. I was glad that he finally found someone that truly made him happy.

I stood across the room watching them interact. I smiled and put down my empty cup. I made my way over to them