...............

"She's coming tomorrow?" Draco asked, frowning. He'd looked up from his books with a smile when Harry'd walked in, but now he looked displeased.

"Yeah, but she won't be here too early," Harry said, thinking that's what it was about. "You can still sleep in."

"I don't- uh, yeah," Draco said quietly. Was jealousy an emotion? If so, he'd finally succeeded in feeling something- a lot of it, too. "Is she bringing Ron with her?" He asked.

"No, I don't think so," Harry said. "He's visiting home for a while."

"Well, that's good at least," Draco muttered. He didn't know why Harry was calm about this. Oh yeah, he thought. Because they're his friends

Draco yawned, stretching. "Well, I guess that's okay. This place doesn't looks so great."

"No, it doesn't," Harry agreed. "I guess we'll live with it until then."

...............

Harry flung open the door at Hermione's first knock. "Hey!" He looked past her. He looked shocked for a second, but then beamed. "Hey, Ginny!"

"I thought you two should see each other again," Hermione said, smiling. She looked into the room. "So there are definitely a few changes we could make," she said, walking around in a circle. "Where's Draco?"

"Oh, Pansy phoned him," Harry said, looking down at Ginny and smiling. "Said she needed him for something."

"Well, good," Ginny said, a hint of disgust in her voice. "I didn't want to see him."

"Er.. yeah," Harry said after a pause. "Yeah, he's... uh.."

Hermione noticed Harry's awkward expression and quickly clapped her hands together. "O-kay!" She said loudly, making the other two jump. "Let's get to work!"

...............

Draco sighed as he made his way across town to see Pansy. If he was being honest with himself, he'd rather stay with Potter and Granger. He stopped himself as soon as he thought that. No, you wouldn't, he told himself firmly. They're annoying Gryffindors, why do you care

He knocked on the door of Pansy's apartment, who was living alone. "Hey, Draco," she said sweetly as she opened the door. "Hey," he muttered, brushing past her into the room.

She cleared her throat nervously. "So, I... I was thinking," she began. He looked up at her. "I... really like you, Draco."

Draco felt a new kind of panic rise up in his chest, but he let her continue. "I want to be more than friends. I want to be more." She was slowly making her way towards him, but he still didn't move. He knew he should be elated; she was a Slytherin, a pureblood like him. This is what his father wanted, this is what his entire family had wanted. But, he thought, What's the point if I don't want that?