Days of Grovelling.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Mo Yuan, will no doubt, be needing the time to still her anger." Zhe Yan added.

"Hn, good idea." Bai Zhi said.  It would also give him time to get his head around what he had just learned, and perhaps gather some gifts to take with him, after all, he now had grandchildren to spoil he thought to himself.  "I'll be back in a couple of hours." he said rising as he left them to themselves.

Making his way straight to Kunlun Mountain, he was met immediately by Mo Yuans first and second Disciples Die Feng and Chang Shan.  Not being a regular visitor, his sudden arrival had both men scrambling to gather the rest of their juniors to welcome him properly.

"High God Bai Zhi." Die Feng bowed low as his juniors hurried to bring up the rear behind him,  Bowing low they repeated the greeting as Die Feng apologized for his masters absence.  "I'm afraid I do not have knowledge of his whereabouts at this time." he said bowing again.

"Actually Chang Shan, It is you I have come to visit." he said chuckling lightly at the boys sudden raised brows and confused look.  Placing a hand on his shoulder lightly, he asked to be led to the kitchen, so with Die Feng walking alongside and just as confused as his junior, they led him forward immediately.

Explaining what he had come for, Chang Shan suddenly blushed.  What the Emperor had requested was very much a secret, that only he knew about, because he himself had invented it, and that had Chang Shan secretly pleased that his little recipe was known by someone of notability.  Though if Die Feng was little perplexed by the request, he said nothing, though he did have one question.

"May I be so bold as to ask, if you have information on Masters whereabouts High God Bai Zhi?" he asked before bowing politely.

Not sure how much his Disciples knew, or if anything, he merely stated he was busy with a private mission in the Mortal Realm and should be back in a couple of days.

Giving Chang Shan a furtive glance, both men smiled as Chang Shan went to work to quickly fulfill The Emperors request.

_____________________________________________________

No sooner did Ai arrive at the small township, than she immediately called in on her friends to organize a gathering of their families.  They too were preparing their daughters for a future husband, so Ais arrival was timely.

Spending the afternoon meeting the prospective young women, Ai had a pleasant afternoon catching up with her friends and Jies old crew whom many of them married.   It was so nice to see them all again, that on the spur of the moment she invited many of them back for dinner in a weeks time.

It would also give Jie a chance to view the young girls around their son, and they could both quietly observe Tai as well as Meili around the girls, Meili because her intuition on first meetings was never wrong.

Having settled that, Ai had one more mission to complete.  Stopping at her little cottage, she entered with the intention of tidying up and collecting her wine.  But no sooner had she opened the door, than she immediately noticed that Jie must have been there and cleaned up.  Frowning, she immediately went to the kitchen to ensure her wine was still there, and though she noticed they had been moved from where she had left them, he had placed them all tidily on the shelf.

Nodding, and happy that he had not thought to take them off her, she slowly made her way through her home.  Even though she had been quite drunk, she was never that drunk that she forgot what had happened, and she remembered very clearly how much mess she had made, yet for Jie to have cleaned the whole house suddenly made her want to cry.  

Not only had he cleaned the house, he was intelligent enough to have figured out the condition of her mind by the things she had done in her drunken state.  Feeling somewhat embarrassed she sat down on the seat and lost herself once again to her thoughts, only this time, sober.