Chapter 4:

The boys were sitting on the couch watching football on T.V. It was the Bulldozers vs. Bulldogs (just made that up, I wanted it to be Hamburgers vs. Meatballs but thought better of it). I stood behind them watching football when the Bulldozers scored a touchdown winning the championship.

“TOUCHDOWN! WOO!!” I cheer out.

The three boys turned around with amused expressions on their faces. I blushed furiously. They smirked making me mad.

“What?” I said with a harsh tone.

“I didn’t think you were a football fan.” Jake admitted.

“Wow, that’s so sexist. Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t be a football fan.” I answered.

“Sorry” Jake said sadly.

“It’s fine”

“Oh, and by the way, Bulldogs are better than Bulldozers.” Austin smirked in my direction.

With that comment all hell broke loose.

This went on for a couple of minutes. Austin and I arguing while Jake and Calum just stared.

The fact that the Bulldozers just won has to contribute to the fact that they are better than-“

I got cut off by Austin’s warm lips hovering just above mine.

“Do I make you nervous?” Austin’s warm breath sent tingles down my spine.

“N-n-no” I scolded myself for stuttering.

He smiled smugly.

His lips connected with mine sending sparks to fly all through my body. He grabbed my hips with his hands making us closer than we were before. I was shocked for a moment then responded to his kiss. My hands automatically went around his neck. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. I denied it and he grunted. I smiled triumphantly then opened my mouth for easier access.

The kiss was stopped shortly when someone coughed causing us to break apart.

“Shit” I muttered under my breath.

I totally forgot that there were other people in the same room.

The boys were laughing making me burn with anger. I was getting dizzier by the minute. I held onto the wall for support trying to regain my balance. The boys must’ve noticed because Calum deep voice asked if I was okay. It took all my strength to nod, and then I collapsed on the floor. Austin picked me up bridal style trying to be as careful as possible. He was running and next thing I know I’m laying down.

I tried opening my eyes but with no such luck. Something pinched my arm and I fell asleep.

Austin’s POV

We were laughing and next thing you know she fell. I picked her up quickly trying to be careful. I busted the door down and ran all the way to the pack doctor. When I got there I laid her down and the doctor inserted a needle into her arm and she fell asleep.

I can’t lose her; she means so much to me. Even though I just found her the mate bond is stronger than before and I didn’t want to lose her.

Dr. Eve ran some tests after I told her what happened. She went to a different room for that and came back with a sad and regretful face.

“Can you please step out, Alpha Austin.” She said her voice cracking up.

I went out and waited for her to come. I was fidgeting with my hands hoping it was good news but deep down I knew it wasn’t.

“Okay, let’s get this over with. There’s good news and bad news. Bad news is that she has cancer.” Eve said as she walked out.

I stood still for more than a minute. My breathing stopped and I was on the verge of crying. This can’t be happening, my beloved mate.

“And what is the good news?” I said trying to keep my voice strong.

“She is a one of a kind sir. Cathy is an elemental. There is only one in every generation. She will be able to fight off the cancer but she will be very weak.” She said with a smile on her face.

My breathing hitched. There was hope. I put a smile on my face and left to see Cathy, my sweet Cathy.