Chapter Four: Angry Expressions and Explanations.

Start from the beginning

"Don't what? Worry about you?" He asked, confused and hurt.

"Don't act like you care when you don't! I'm tired of the games, Sirius!" She felt the exhaustion leave her body and her adrenaline kick in.

"Games? Kara what the bloody hell are you taking about?" He argued back, defensive of his actions.

"You were the one that wanted to fix things! And then you just up and forgot about me and everything you said practically the next day! What happened to wanting to try and work this out? Was it all just some sick and twisted prank you wanted to pull?" She shouted at him, her voice cracking with the weight of a thousand different emotions.

"Kara, I get that you're upset, but-" He started, trying to explain, but not using the right words.

"Upset? You think I'm upset? Ha! Well, newsflash, I'm sick of being picked up and then thrown away! Pick one, Sirius! You care or you don't, but I'm tired of waiting." Kara sniffed, blinking back the tears that had gathered in her eyes.

She turned away, breathing in deeply, and taking the last few stairs, went down to Lily and Alice, who were standing there with tear stains on their faces. Remus turned away, suggesting Kara go get some rest before her body shut down from exhaustion. She nodded, saying a quiet thank you, and with Lily and Alice on either side of her, walked back to the common room.

The three boys turned to Sirius, watching as he picked up the book she'd dropped, his eyes tracing over the title. His hands held it tightly as he opened the front cover, flipping the pages quickly. He'd never suspected her to be one to enjoy fantasy novels. Especially when she already knew the creatures existed in real life and didn't look a thing like the novels description.

"Sirius, mate, you alright?" Remus asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Sirius nodded, not looking up from the page he was looking at.

"You find something interesting, mate?" James laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I did actually. Look at this." He showed James a small card, obviously serving as her bookmark, written all over the back.

Sirius flipped it over, the three boys crowding over his shoulders to look at it. It was a picture of Kara someone had taken when she wasn't paying attention. Her hair was loose, and flowing down her shoulders, a smile on her lips, her eyes full of happiness among many other emotions, her cheeks and the tips of her ears pink. Warmth at how happy she looked flooded through his body, making him smile.

"What's the back say?" Peter asked, him, James and Remus looking at Sirius.

"Not sure." He responded flipping it over, and starting to read.

"Let me see!" James reached around, trying to snatch the pictures from Sirius.

"Just a minute, Prongs! Oh." He shoved James' hand away, his eyes widening at the words he was reading.

"What? You can't just say oh and not say anything else, Padfoot!" Peter inquired, feeling suddenly very nosy.

"Whoever sent her this is talking about her talking about me." Sirius looked up, handing the photo to Remus to inspect.