Conference

I wake up with sunlight hitting my direct vision. Feeling strong and fresh I go to the breakfast rooms to eat and get ready for my journey to Kloz’s plain.

‘Master, good morning’ Mellow greets me as I enter the rooms to change.

‘Yes, Mellow go set my things in the captain’s cabinet and tell Hess I’ll be ready in 10’

‘As you wish sir’ Mellow closed the door on his way out.

Mellow has been my most trusted and loyal servant since I can remember. He is the only person alive who knows I cried and broke down on the night that my mother died. That was the night I discovered white mist, she came to me when I finally fell to the ground worn out from grief and physical exhaustion, going numb and cold. She was also wrapped in pain and loneliness, but somehow was fighting it and coming out the winner. I took her strength that night and walked back to The House to take over my father’s role in the running of the Galaxies.

I change into my Commander’s uniform, and walk to my ground ship to join my men on the second atmosphere.

‘Sir, the numbers your requested are all present and waiting for your lead’ Hess informed as I entered my control desk. I look at the numbers and nod at him.

I have decided to take half of my fleet directly going against a direct order to bring all. The Council and Lozi wanted to play a count the chicken eggs game and I was not informed.

A Sun cycle later I enter the grand halls on planet Glem, a neutral planet but too near Kloz’s plain for my liking. This was strategic move on the Council’s side and it said they supported Lozi’s intentions to plunge us into war. 

All 7 heads of the Council members turn their heads as I enter. I look at my father’s seat and instead stand near it rather claim it. Lozi is the first to greet me with the 3 galaxy greeting. They all follow suit and I return it. A seat is brought to me and I sit near King Bov, King of Welzel planets and second in command to ruler Zox of Wlem galaxy, the second largest galaxy.

‘Why gentleman, as we are all present lets sta..’ Elder Solm is disrupted

‘We are not all present, Prince Vun, your father must be present as you well know. Please give a reasonable explanation or declare yourself the ruler’ Councilor Lozi sarcastically mentioned the obvious

I was prepared for this.

‘Ruler Aun regrettable requests you continue this conference without his presence. He had urgent matters to attend to and has sent his second in command with a clear message. I will convey that message when asked but for now I am here’ I said calmly with indifference.

Lozi was not happy, he turned to refute my reply when Elder Solm held his hand.

‘We continue, hold your say till asked’. Solm turned to recite the opening ritual and closed the meeting with a protection spell. Nothing leaves this room.

All 7 council members stood up to say their decree.

I stood up state a fact. ‘Masters, may I state an obvious before you speak’?

Elder Solm looked at me with little agitation but nodded for me to continue. I was breaking a small rule, I was not my father and had no right to directly address the council.

‘I believe commander Lozi should be on the second level, on equal level with King Bov or have I spoken out of turn?’

King Bov stood up and raised his hand ‘I second that’. He gave me a odd look but looked away quickly.

Elder Solm directly spoke to me. ‘Commander Vun you have no place to state any obvious. This matter was a closed, the decision has been reached, no-one is on trial here.’ His voice was stern and matter of fact. I was right they have chosen their side. Ruler Zox should be here but I didn’t want state another obvious. If this was deemed closed, a decision reached before the conference then this is worst then I thought.