Stephanie responds

"Yep he said he and Aunt Sally were together that summer."

Lindsey smiles thinking he hasn't told Stephanie yet about how Uncle Scott and Aunt Sally got reacquainted while they where both going to college at Long Beach State. Scott there on a baseball scholarship and Sally studying to paralegal. Beth had went back to England and neither where dating at that time. Within a year the two where married and later on moved into the house Scott grew up in on Maple avenue. Scott had a long career coaching the Atherton-Menlo Park high school baseball team. Sally worked for Judge Spicer in downtown Atherton. They had son named James and a daughter named Jody and many grandchildren. They have both retired but Scott is still coaching the players down at the sandlot.

Lindsey is once again shaken from his thoughts by Stephanie shaking his arm. She says

"Grandpa you didn't tell me what you and grandma did after that dance?"

Lindsey notices Stevie giggling sitting there next to Stephanie. Stevie says

"Come on grandpa, tell your granddaughter the rest of the story, I want to hear you tell it!'

Lindsey takes another sip of his iced tea and says

"Okay let's see...well after the dance your grandma joined my band Fritz."

"Throughout the rest of the school year we did gigs on the weekends until your grandma went off to college at San Jose State."

"I had my senior year of high school left but I drove up to see your grandma every weekend at college."

"Eventually the guys had to replace me in the band, I didn't have time to play with them and spend time with grandma."

Stephanie responds

"Oh no where the guys in the band mad?"

Lindsey laughs and says

"Yes they where at first but they understood how much I loved her and how we couldn't be apart."

Lindsey looks over at Stevie and sees her eyes watering as she holds onto their granddaughter. He continued on

"After I graduated high school I joined grandma at college, I played baseball and took business classes while grandma was studying to be a teacher."

Stephanie asks

"When did you two get married?"

Lindsey smiles remembering the day. He says

"We got married May 26th 1970."

Stephanie interrupts

"That's grandma's birthday!"

Lindsey nods and says

"Yes she was twenty two years old and I turned twenty one later in October."

Stevie says to Stephanie

"Do you know where we got married?"

Stephanie smiles widely and says

"You got married on the sandlot!"

Lindsey looks at the two as Stevie tells her

"Neither of our parents where very happy but everybody pitched in we fixed the place up beautifully."

"We said our I dos at home plate with the minister standing where the umpire would."

"Uncle Scott was grandpa's best man and Aunt Robin was my matron of honor."