chapter 1 - Welcome to the Hellmouth

Start from the beginning

∞ Slayers and Guardians ∞ 

Day Two

Morning - Summers House - Brooke's Room

Brooke was sleeping, having nightmares, with visions of the Master's lair, the cemetery, the Master, of vampires and other demons, various events and artifacts, various people that she had not yet met but would soon. She woke up with a start.

Buffy knocked on the door. "Brooke?"

Brooke sighed, sitting up. "I'm up, Buffy."

Brady peaked his head in. "Mom said don't wanna be late for our first day. I on the other hand don't give a damn, and I know neither do either of you, but we made a deal."

Buffy nodded. "Yeah, we know the deal we made, Brady, and we plan to keep it. Don't we, Brooke?"

"Definitely," Brooke answered.

The three siblings exchanged a look, sighing.

Sunnydale High School - Outside

The Summers' mother Joyce pulled their car up to the school to drop her kids off. "Okay." Brooke, Buffy and Brady got out of the car. "Have a good time. I know you're gonna make friends right away." She gave them a thumbs up. "Just think positive." They nodded, turning to head for the school. "Brooke? Buffy? Brady?" They looked at her. "Try not to get kicked out?"

Brady managed a laugh. "We promise."

"Okay," Joyce told them.

The three siblings walked toward the school.

Eric was doing his usual bob and weave through the crowd on his skateboard up to the school. "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me. Excuse me, whoa. Excuse me, not sure how to stop. Please move, whoa, excuse me." He noticed Buffy, Brooke and Brady walking up to the school, more focused on Buffy. "Whoa." Eric didn't notice he was headed right for the stair railing, crashing into it, falling beneath it, grunting in pain. "God." Willow, Zoey and Carmen walked up, having to step high to avoid tripping over Eric's legs. "I'm okay. I feel good."

Willow smiled. "Eric, what am I gonna do with you?"

"Well, he's your brother, Willow, you think you'd have figured it out by now," Carmen told her.

Eric laughed sarcastically, hopping up. "Very hilarious, Car Chase."

"Yeah, just like that nickname," Carmen told him sarcastically.

Xander walked up to them. "Zoey. Willow. Carmen. Eric. You're so very much the people I wanted to see."

"Oh, really?" Zoey asked tauntingly.

"Yeah," Xander answered. They walked upstairs toward the school together. Xander looked at Willow and Eric. "You know, I kind of had a problem with the math."

"Uh, which part?" Willow asked.

"The math," Xander answered. "Can you help me out tonight, please? Be my study buddies? Zoey and Carmen can come over because they suck, too."

Zoey tried to hit Xander on the head playfully. Xander ducked his head to his chest, making her miss, laughing.

"Well, what's in it for us?" Eric asked.