Chapter 10: "Dinner From Hell."

Magsimula sa umpisa

Unlike my mother, my sister really, really, likes Seth.

"I missed you little munchkin." Seth teases her and messes up her hair.

"You're still calling me that? I am eighteen." She pouts, but secretly we know that she likes the nickname.

"You came." My mother says with a fake smile.

"You kind of forced us..." I mumble when Seth pinches my arm.

"Of course." He says politely and hands her a daisy bouquet.

"Oh, thank you." She says and ushers us in.

Time for the dinner from hell...

*****

We are all sitting around the table and I am trying not to suffocate due to the stressed vibe.

My mom keeps sending me subtle glares while Seth is keeping polite conversation going.

I stab my steak with a fork earning another glare from my mother.

Gosh, this is unbearable.

"Are you not enjoying the food?" Mother asks with distaste.

"More like the atmosphere surrounding it..." I mumble, but then straighten up. "No, it's wonderful."

"Good, because I spent all afternoon slaving away." She says and the silence continues.

My mom keeps glaring at me and I return the favor. Sienna shoots me a disapproving glance.

"So, where's Dad?" I ask successfully thickening the already stressful atmosphere.

Mother inhales a sharp breath and Sienna gives me a 'really' look while Seth sighs knowing that it is going to be a full blown war.

"You're really going there now?" She asks hatefully.

"I'm just curious." I state and drink my water.

"I don't know where your father is. We lost all contact after the divorce and that incident." She says in a accusing tone.

"You still blame me for what happened?" I ask disbelievingly.

"Of course not, even though you could've prevented it." Mother says and glares at me.

"Was I suppose to prevent the truck driver crashing into us in the middle of the night? Was I supposed to prevent the fact that my brother landed in a coma and still hasn't woken? Was I supposed to prevent Dad leaving you,, because you were constantly living in the past and blaming me?" I shout and stand up.

"If you and your brother haven't gone to that stupid party, none of this would've happened!" She yells back.

"Mom..." Sienna says and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Sasha, let's go." Seth says and takes my hand. I shrug him off and look her right in the eye.

"I am sick and tired of you blaming me for what happened. I already blame myself. I don't need you constantly reminding me of my biggest mistake of my life." I say and walk out.

Seth's POV (sorry for the middle of a scene POV switch, but I think that this should be seen in Seth's POV❤)

"Sasha!" Sienna yells after her, but she keeps going.

"Sorry about that Sienna. We will meet up with you tomorrow, okay?" I say and hug her.

"Sure, and I know that you guys are not together, but she needs you right now, so please look after my sister." She says and gives me a sad smile.

I nod and walk to the car and the sight I'm met with literally breaks me.

Sasha is sitting in the passenger seat, bawling her eyes out.

I get in and instantly wrap her in a hug after placing her on my lap.

"Hey, Sasha, it is going to be okay." I whisper and pull her closer to me.

"No it is not. She still blames me! After all these years. Colton is still in a coma and he's probably never going to wake up and it is all my fault." Sasha cries.

My heart is hanging in a thread here. It kills me to see her like this.

A few years ago before we got engaged, Sasha and her brother who was 20 years old at that time, went to a party.

Sasha didn't drink at all, so she drove the car. It was dark and rainy that night, so there was a drunk truck driver who crashed into them.

Their car rolled, but Colton, Sasha's brother, fell out and hit his head. That bump alone sent him into a coma.

Sasha, however, has severe injuries and a broken arm, but compared to her brother, she survived.

"Sasha, it is not your fault. You are one of the strongest people I know. You didn't cause that accident, the truck driver did." I say and rub her back in soothing circles.

She keeps crying and clutch my shirt. I kiss her head and let her cry her heart out.

"I am so sorry, Seth." She whispers after a few moments.

"Don't be sorry, like I said it is not your fault." I say and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She sits back on the passenger seat and I start driving.

The ride is filled with an indescribable silence. It is not comforting, strained or awkward.

It is just silent.

I stop at Sasha's house and we walk in the house. When we get inside, she immediately runs to her room and lock the door.

I run after her and stand in front of the door. Normally, I would've left her, but I can't. Not in this state.

"Sasha, open the door." I plead and lean against it.

"No." She curtly replies and I hear her crying.

I exhale a breath and try the door handle again.

"Sasha, please. Open up." I say trying to get through to her.

She ignores me and continue crying.

"I want to help you, please let me in."

"If you don't open the door now, I will break it." I say softly but seriously.

There is a few moments of silence and after a minute when I was just about to break the door down, she opens it.

Her hair is tied in a ponytail and her makeup is smeared and she is still in her evening dress.

"I can't do this, Seth. It is too hard." Sasha cries out and I engulf her in a hug.

I pick her up and walk to her bed still holding her.

"You can do this. I am here for you, always. Colton won't blame you for what happened. No one does. Your mom just want someone to blame for her mistake." I say while lightly squeezing her.

"I will never ever leave you." I whisper and take her head in my hands.

"Promise?" She asks in a small, fragile voice.

"I promise." I say and then lightly kiss her.

It isn't like any other kiss we had before. It is filled with so much emotion and love, I feel like bursting.

"Thanks, Seth. I don't know what I'll do without you." Sasha mutters and places her head on my chest.

"Me neither." I mumble abd then both of us fall in a deep sleep.

****