• ✧- chapter two

Start bij het begin

"Yeah I bet it makes you wonder what would've happened if you chose me." Montell disclosed as he shied his deep brown eyes away from mine. With that being said I just knew he began to reminisce on the times he would leave a lily which he stole from some flower shop down the block from his apartment building on my fire escape. It was a boyish love case that had little to none potential to last if we had went along with it...at least that's what I believed at the time. Long story short, I met Jabari and so did he once we went to high school and we all know where that landed us.

"Oh come on Montell that was so middle school!" I joked lightly.

"Yeah,yeah whatever Des you had a brother strung out and everything. Almost had me standing outside your window with a boom box in hand playing 'Can You Stand the Rain.' " I hadn't known what to say leading to an deafening awkward silence. There was no way that he hadn't noticed the tension leading him to playfully say, "oh chill out Des you know I still ain't on that, everything happens for a reason remember it was best if we stayed best friends. I let you go Des. It's all good."

"Yeah you did."

"Look I gotta get going, Boogie probably wondering where I'm at sense I ain't go to his game today. Walk me out?" He asked as he arose from the tiled floor, reaching his hand out to me for me to do the same. I quickly latched on, arising in sought to walk him out just like he had asked. "Ima call you later." Montell let out just before exiting my apartment leaving me all alone to think. I might just have to think about potential baby names or just where I'll get the money to take care of it if ultimately all things do go left.

Just before I could even envelope myself within my thoughts the obnoxious ring of my home telephone began to bellow within my home. Hopefully it was my mom calling to tell me she was coming home late from work tonight, I hadn't had the nerve to face her just yet. I raced down the hall to pick up the call in my room rather than the kitchen simply because I wanted to snuggle myself in my covers. I picked up the white phone and placed my ear to it only to hear the deep voice that got me to lose my panties along with the one thing that made me feel holy in a sense.

"Ayo Des it's Bari!" He said breathlessly as if I hadn't already figured. I took a few breaths just before replying, readying myself to act as if nothing was bothering me at the moment.

"Hey babe, what's up? Why the hell do you sound like you was running laps? I know that game ended like an hour ago."

"'Cause that's exactly what I was doin'. My pops made me run around half the projects cause I cost the wolves the game...if you came we probably would've won, you know you my lucky charm Des."

"Uh-uh, don't go blaming me for that, tryna make me feel bad. Two weeks ago I hadn't gone and y'all won."

"Because two weeks ago your ass was weak in the knees, on some Swv shit and you know why." He reminded me, making me quiver with the help of his subtle but yet sensual voice. "Besides you weren't doing nothing today. You didn't even show up to school and why is that?"

"Look I was busy, J I'm sorry." I didn't lie because I was busy- crying that is but he had no reason to know why.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Look shorty I got some  good news." He began excitedly, not even waiting for me to ask what is it before continuing. "I got the Princeton Tigers looking into me! Baby they interested and you know they shit Ivy League! Ima be in there kicking it with the white folks!" He confessed giddily and I could just imagine the wide grin he had on his face at the moment. Best believe I was happy for him. I was proud even. His plans are slowly coming true and I had no business ruining them. I didn't have the heart to.