one

"Caroline! Hot cocoa for Caroline!" I looked up from the book I was completely obsessed with and stood up to receive my order from the barista. 

"It's Coraline, but thank you." I gave the barista a small smile while slightly rolling my eyes at the occasional name screw up everyone commits often.

As I sat back down in the small wooden chair in the back of the warm coffee shop, I couldn't help but notice a bit of commotion starting outside the door.

I glanced over, being the curious person I am and caught a glance of a large, all black car parked in front of the coffee shop with two bodyguards standing next to a tall figure. I couldn't tell who the person was since they were facing the other way, and the black hoodie enveloping almost their entire frame.  

I decided to pay no more attention since they're most likely just some rich person and placed my glasses back on the bridge of my nose to read my novel.

A few moments later, the unknown person walked into the coffee shop, without the bodyguards and stood in line. For some reason I couldn't stop staring at the person, maybe it was because they looked so mysterious covered underneath all the black clothing, or maybe the fact that they brought bodyguards with them to a coffee shop?

I hadn't noticed that the person was now looking my way with a confused glance, probably from all the staring I had done before. I quickly looked away and focused on my book as I bit my lip nervously. The words and sentences all mixed together, not being able to concentrate on the story right now.

I looked back up to see if the person was still looking at me, thankfully, they were already ordering.

"Chocolate chip muffin for Caroline and Mark!" The same barista from before shouted out.

I made my way to the counter as the guy from before did too. Oh, so his name is Mark, huh. He doesn't really resemble a Mark...

As I picked up my muffin I grabbed some napkins and turned around a little too quickly and bumped into someone.

I gasped in shock as their hot cocoa fell over the person's hands and on to the sweater, dripping on to the hardwood floor. I ran quickly back to the counter with the napkins and rushed over to them as I started dabbing at the fabric trying to soak up as much of the drink as I could before it started to burn their skin through the fabric.

"Oh my god! I'm so, so incredibly sorry! I-I can't believe this happened, I'm super sorry. I-", my rambling got cut short as the person finally spoke up.

"Are you stupid? Do you even know how much this sweater even costs? Probably not." He said as he scanned me up and down. I now realized it was the same guy from before, the mysterious one, except now he's not so much as mysterious as before, but instead a total jerk.

"I'm really sorry, can I pay you for it or something?" I groaned as I scratched my head in hopes that I could get out of this situation as quickly as possible.

"Oh, honey, to pay for this sweater you would probably have to skip three rent payments. Do you even know who I am?" He said angrily as he removed the hood and placed his black shades on his head.

He looked pretty familiar, as if I had seen him before, however, I just couldn't place my finger on where exactly.

"Well aren't you 'Mark'?" I said rolling my eyes.

"What?"

"The barista. He called you Mark, didn't he?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm Mark."

"Okay...Well, anyways, I'm really sorry about your drink." I said biting my lip and balancing my weight on my right foot.

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes, still pretty furious still.

"We gotta go! Now!" I looked towards the shop's door where one of the bodyguards stood to hold back a large group of teenage girls from slipping through the door and into the shop.

"What?" I asked to no one in particular as more and more people, now of all ages, started gathering around the glass windows.

"Fuck..." I heard Mark mutter under his breath with a raspy grown. Don't get me wrong, that would've totally made me swoon if it weren't for our previous encounter.

He ran out of the coffee shop as he put his hood and shades back on. His bodyguards covered him like a shell from all the screaming girls surrounding them.

"What just happened?" I asked myself, shaking my head confused.

I went to sit back on the table I was before everything happened when I stepped on something. As I looked down towards my foot, I saw an iPhone under my boot. I picked it up and looked around me to see if someone next to me had dropped it but there were only an elderly couple and a woman heavily engrossed in a laptop in the coffee shop.

"Huh..." I walked to my seat and turned the phone on to show a lock screen of a guy with an older woman, probably his mother. As I analyzed the picture a bit more I realized something...

"No way!" The phone belonged to the rude guy from earlier.

.

hey!

first chapter whoop whoop!

hope you guys liked it (":

-dalia