close to me

Jihae sat up, looking around confusedly when she realise the sky is bright

Jihae sat up, looking around confusedly when she realise the sky is bright. she pushed the thick blanket, ready to stand up to take some drink when she realise that someone has been holding her hand tightly. Her eyes found it's way to the sleeping figure. He sprawled on the floor, still with his glasses on.

No, she has no memories about last night, yet she suddenly smiled softly, kneeling beside him on the floor.

"Daniel..?" She patted his cheeks, "wake up!"

Daniel sat up in surprise, widening his eyes when he found out that Jihae is right in front of him. He brought his free hand to cover his face, mumbling a muffled, "g-good morning!"

She frowned at his unusual shyness, "I need to take some drink, my head hurts, can you let my hand go?" Jihae asked brightly as if it was nothing.

He panicked, "I-I'll go and take it for you don't worry!" Daniel said, immediately throwing her hand to run to the kitchen. Jihae decided to sat on the sofa she slept on earlier, holding her throbbing head as she hissed everytime the pain hits.

"T-this." Daniel stuttered, handing a glass of water and a painkiller. "Thanks." Jihae replied, smiling thinly and swallowing the pill.

"What did I do last night? Was it bad? Not much right?" She asked Daniel softly, her lips smiling but her eyes showing concern.

You did.. too much. Daniel feels like he need to say that out loud. But then he doesn't want to be awkward around her or the other way around that he shook his head, "nothing."

"Really? Are you telling the truth?" She asked, somehow suspicious that Daniel isn't being his normal self who teases her 24/7 since he woke up. "Actually what is your drinking habit though? You just.. uh.. fell asleep last night." Jihae decided to believe him, sighing, "my drinking habit is basically doing skin ship? But it's not like hugs or anything, I will just stay close to my drinking partner, sticking close to them." She explained, even though she's feeling shy. "Ah really?" Daniel asked, his voice low and faint.

"You were not like that at all last night." He patted her back, repeating, damn you even went to the level of kissing my lips. like my lips, yes, my lips. over and over to himself.

"That's good." Jihae grinned, she sighed, laying back down, "ah, I feel very tired right now."

"H-have a good rest." The girl frowned when he stuttered, "are you alright, Daniel?"  She asked. "No— I mean yes!" He widened his eyes, "just a little bit dizzy." She shifted a little, "rest."

He shook his head in panic, "no. You can rest.. by yourself."

"You do realise that you're being too polite right?" She eyed him confusedly, "what happen?"

Daniel stared at her for awhile before sitting down, "you do like me." He started, looking into her eyes. "H-huh?" Jihae stuttered, "no!"

"They said you never lie when you drunk." He sighed, "don't play with my feelings."

The girl bit her lips, afraid that he will hurt her if she says the truth. "No." She replied. "I don't." Daniel pursed his lips, "keep lying."

"I'm not into you." She said firmly, looking at Daniel's eyes. He frowned, shrugging, "fine."

"You still like me." His playful eye glint sparks, "you're so into me, Kwon Jihae."

"No."

"Kwon Jihae likes me!" He chuckled, "Kwon Jihae likes Kang Daniel, Kwon Jihae likes Kang Daniel!" Daniel sang, staring at Jihae who looks so done with his playfully annoyingly adorable way of teasing her.

"Shut up, Kang Daniel. I'm not interested in you." She replied, narrowing her eyes before she closed them, smiling thinly.

"Kwon Jihae likes Kang–"

"If you keep doing that it means you are the one who likes me."

With that, he froze, covering his mouth, while Jihae feels like she miss those annoying lines in just matter of seconds.

[ to be continued ]

2-3 chaps till done! this fic isn't the best sigh ):