one

"Catch me!" she yelled flinging herself from the swing.
I reach out quickly as she starts to fall the the earth.

"Sarah!" I gasp as I catch her right before she hits the solid surface.
She giggles and pulls a strand of hair from her face.
"Jesus Christ Sarah you scared the shit out of me!"

"Oh lighten up! Just let go!" she pulled away from me and twirled. He twirl turned into a jog and she slightly turned toward me.
"Come on!" she motioned for me to follow.

I chased her throughout the park until I couldn't see her. I started to panic. I frantically looked for her. I made my way toward the large sycamore tree at the center of the park.

I circle it and am scared when I get tugged to the ground.

I look over and see her lying next to me. She loudly laughs and squeezes my hand.

I knew then she was special. I wouldn't call it love, but she was special.

That's what made this all more painful.

---

"Louis," He was shaken awake. "Louis, visiting hours are over now." a nurse empathetically smiles down at him.

He nods and looks back to Sarah.
He kisses her forehead and slowly stands up. He turns tiredly and shuffles out of the room.

Trying to maintain a balance, Louis makes his was down the hall. Leaving the hospital, he shuffles down the sidewalk.

He passes streetlight after street light. Reaching the bus stop, he waits. He hasn't driven a car since the accident.

He watches the other people in their cars zooming by. They, Completely unaware of him or her for that matter.
The bus arrives and the doors open.

Watching his step, he climbs on and walks to the very back of the bus to get away from the few people accompanying him on the bus.
His eyes beg for sleep, but he can't bring himself to it.

What if he had another one of those dreams? He's unsure if he could take another reliving of those terrible events.

He snaps himself out of his thoughts.
'If I think for too long I might go insane.' he tells himself.

The bus stops. He stands and climbs off of the bus.
He walks the little amount and comes to his door. he unlocks it and walks up to their flat.

He closes the door and goes straight to the couch.

He can still slightly smell her on the cushions.

He turns on the television. He doesn't really watch it. He's using it as a distraction to some extent.

He waits until the sound is blocked out, and his eyes droop.
He's consumed by sleep, but in sleep he's not safe from the past.

--

He wakes up in the morning, stench rising off of him.

Realizing this, he stands and starts a shower. He stares at his reflection and feels almost disgusted.

She would be disappointed. She'd have wanted him to take better care of himself in her absence.

He peels off his clothes and throws them into the hamper.
Pulling away the curtain, he steps into the warm shower.

He stood for awhile, but realized he'd have to go to work. He began washing himself and soon after was changing into his work clothes.

At work he stood behind the counter with his phone close by. He kept it close incase the hospital called about Sarah. But in reality he new, no matter how much he hoped against it, she probably wouldn't be waking up soon. It would be more realistic if they were calling with bad news, but he didn't want to think about that.

Throughout his shift he helped customers find things and ring then up. He imagined Sarah coming in just like she used to.

Once he could leave, he went home and changed. He ate his dinner in their small kitchen. After he'd probably watch a small amount of television. He'd get his coat, and go to wait for the next bus to the hospital. There he'd sit and talk to Sarah for an hour and then go back to the bus stop.

This was his typical schedule.

Well, until his phone bussed on the small table.

He answered quickly.
"Hello?"

"Yes Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes?"

"We're calling about Sarah."

-----

It's short, but a start.

I promise it'll get longer.

Love you.

-Wynter1975