"It's 'just' a phase ... right?"

Start from the beginning

The moment I got the shower at the right temperature, I quickly hopped in and let water spurt warmly around my body. "This is just a phase. there's nothing between me and Louis... Were just the best of buds." I tried convincing myself. I felt my heart again. It's still thumping, just as merrily as I saw him strip earlier. I said nothing more, because I knew that if I keep thinking about this, I know my thoughts would run wild and I'll probably be shipped off to this psychiatric ward for the confused or something.

When I opened the door, Louis was just there, quietly sitting on a corner of my bed, with his hands folded together while looking at the ground. As soon as he noticed me, he flinched but smiled weakly. "Well Harry, you took your time?" he joked weakly. "Ah y-yeah.." did he hear what I said? He couldn't have. I didn't hear any knock so.. Maybe I'm just imagining it?

"So Harry... Do you like our relationship right... now?" he bit his lip awaiting for an answer. "Uh, what do you mean? Did something happen?" I asked numbly. "Ah no... nevermind that.. just.. just forget it." he shook his head and waved a goodbye as he left the room. I didn't need any confirmation for it, but I knew he definitely was there.

Louis POV

"There is nothing between me and Louis...Were just best buds." My world stopped as I heard those words. I couldn't believe it. Why is my heart hurting so much? I have El... Harry... Harry is just my best friend.. nothing more.. right? I carded my hands frustratedly on my hair. "nothing between me an Louis.." why did those words seem oddly wrong to me? Why did I want to have some better title than simply being Harry Styles' best mate? The showercame to an abrupt stop and so did my thoughts. Man, what was wrong with me?

After he finished, I quickly tried to put myself back together and feigned a smile to hide the sudden frustration I'm feeling right now--Hopefully he doesn't notice it like he usually does. "Well Harry, you took your time?" I joked. Hopefully this will lighten the mood. "Ah y-yeah.." he muttered not looking at me.

"So Harry... Do you like our relationship right ... now?" I suddenly found myself asking. I couldn't even figure out why I'm saying stuff out of the blue.. but before I can erase what I said. "Uh, what do you mean?" he asked plainly. "Ah no... never mind that... just.. just forget it." I mumbled with a wave before I left.

Harry can't feel the same way can't he? I mean if he says it's just a phase, then it probably is. Breathe Louis, breathe. Okay, it's starting to subside, so I kept on going, even faster now. "What in bloody hell are you doing Lou?" Zayn snickered from behind me with a smirk written on his face. Though, when he looked at my expression, he frowned and his eyes was suddenly glazed with worry.

"Ah.. Just breathing air..?"I mumbled "We need it to survive you know?" A teasing smile played across his lips. "Geez, you scared me Louis. It sounded like you were either playing with yourself, or hyperventilating. Don't do that again, alright?" he elbowed me on the shoulders, and I nodded with a small smile on my lips.

"Yeah. I guess I've been thinking about alot of stuff." I answered curly. He only nodded, and started shuffling downstairs. I sighed in relief. Leave it to Zayn to read the mood. "But remember" he shouted from downstairs. "Just call when you need us, alright Lou?" I frowned by those words. Why is it that I can't tell them? I wasn't sure whether I was gay or a bi.. I might be  bi... I don't know. I've dated some girls but not some guys. It feels strange but with Harry it's different in so many levels.

"Lou?" Niall called out, scaring the daylights out of me. "Oh bloody... Niall. Don't scare me like that." I tapped my chest where my heart should be feeling my heart beat. THUMP,THUMP THUMP THUMP, thump. "Ah sorry lad, didn't know I was invisible." he said sarcastically. I sighed and locked my arms on his neck and gave him a noogie. "Ow.. ow... I said sorry already Lou.." he managed to choke out. 

I chuckled and released him. "Race you to the table!" I challenged him. He blinked a few times, but I was already sliding down the railing. "AHAHAH Niall you'll never--- OWWW!" Oh shit, I forgot there was a ball-shaped thing at the end of the railing. I quickly plopped down, and went on a fetal position. A tear escaped my eyes. "Lou aren't you coming?" he asked with a smile on his face as he headed for the kitchen. "Oh don't b-be absurd... I l-let you win." I retorted knowing full-well it was a load of crap, and he did infact win. I swatted frantically above my 'lower region' to try to cool it off.

"Pfff yeah right. Keep  telling yourself that." I heard him respond. I sighed in relief when it finally felt numb. "What happened?" Someone asked from the staircase. "Ah, I just hit my--" when I turned around, there was Harry looking all perfect with his white tee, and some jean shorts. "I just.. raced Niall and hit myself in the.. you-know-what in there." I huffed angrily at the ball-shaped wood. A chuckle escaped his lips as he looked at it also.

"Hey!" I shouted suddenly. "That hurts.. have you ever got hit in the balls with one of those things?" I ask.  "Ehm.. no..." he responded. "But I did get hit with a toy wombat at a concert." he counted that as one with his right hand. "And, you hitting my man-sausage at an interview when we were comparing outfits. That's two. So I got it worst than you did." I stuck my tongue out at him, and quickly raced ahead before he could say a word.

"HEY!" he shouted from behind. "You'll never take me ALIVE!" I hissed as I quickly sat at the chair next to the wall, while Harry took the one to the right of me, next to Niall, who is beside Zayn. "Took you boys long enough." Liam joked. "Starting to think you guys were doing personal 'things' in there." 

I just chuckled cause I knew he was kidding, but I felt a slight tension and a blush came upon Harry's cheeks. I was gonna joke with him, but I felt blood rushing to my face also.... "It's just a phase.." I thought ... right?

_____________________________________________________________________________

[This is an edited version. Posted at 7/04/13]

RIGHT ON TIME!!

Thought I was gonna have to wait another week, but yeah here it is.

Enjoy~

Don't forget to leave comments, I love them <3