Chapter 4

"Vic.." He said, his voice calm. I could tell he was scared to talk to me. I couldnt talk, I couldnt even move. Everything around me was spinning, I was dizzy. The only sound came from my racing heart, beating against my rib cage to the point where I was aching in pain. "Emma, are you there?" He asked, sounding a bit worried. I opened my mouth to talk, but then I began sobbing into the phone.

"V-Vic.." I sobbed, putting my hand over my mouth to try and both calm myself, and make my voice quiet down. I inhaled deeply and exhaled shakily.

"Emma.." He laughed slightly in relief, probably because I was actually answering. I laughed back softly, not because of it being funny, but because I was so relieved that he was back.. And it wasnt even believable.

I began pinching myself, trying to make sure that it wasnt a dream. I was relieved knowing I didnt "wake up" form the dream I thought I was having. I let out a sigh of relief before talking.

"Where are you?" I asked him, still feeling a bit dizzy from the impact of my heart beating against my rib cage at a fast pace.

"A weird hotel, why?"

I bit my lip before answering, "want company?" I bit harder, nervous for his answer. He let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, from you."

+++

"Hello, do you know what room Vic Fuentes is staying at?" I asked, twirling my naturally brown hair in attempt to calm myself down. For some reason, this has always calmed me down. He smiled at me, then told me what room.

"Room 37, second floor on your left. Have a nice evening."

I nodded thankfully at him, then walked to the elevator. I pounded the elevator button hard with my finger and waited impatiently for it the come down. As it opened, I basically threw myself into the giant machine, pressing the number 2 frantically until the machine started to rise.

As the elevator ride ended, I stepped out of it, practically running down the hall to get to Vic faster. I noticed people starring at me, probably thinking I'm insane, but at this point I didn't care.

As I came to a frantic stop at his door, I began breathing heavily in attempt to catch my breath. Once I did, I knocked on the door. It took about 18 seconds, but when the door swung open, there stood a smiling Vic.

He pulled me inside and hugged me so tightly I could barely breathe. I hugged him back tightly and began crying in his chest out of joy. I could hear him sniffle softly, hinting at me that he was crying as well. He began rubbing my back and kissed the top of my head. As I pulled away, he smiled at me. I smiled back, eyes blurred from tears, so were his. I pulled him closer and kissed him deeply for a few seconds and then hugged him tightly for a few more minutes. It was silent. But it was a good silent. I felt complete again. I felt happy. I felt content.

"V-Vic.." I whispered.

"Yes, baby girl?" He asked me, once again kissing the top of my head. My heart raced and I felt my cheeks grow hotter, evidentially letting me know that I was blushing. I giggled softly. I loved the feeling he gave me.

"I missed you. So SO much." I held his hand to my heart and wiped a tear away from his eye. He smiled and kissed my lips softly, then held my hand to his heart.

"I missed you more." He challenged. I stared into his eyes and smiled softly, then I noticed his eyes were somewhere else-my arm. My heart began racing again. Could he see? His eyes watered. He probably did.. "Baby.." He whispered.

"Y-Yes?" I managed to get out, my heart racing faster. I felt like I was going to pass out. Or throw up..

"You said you stopped cutting.." He whispered softer than he had been when he said 'cutting'. It was coming. I dashed for the bathroom and bent over the toilet, letting everything go. Vic held my hair and rubbed my back.

As I stood back up after 3 minutes or so, I wiped my mouth and tears flooded my eyes, some escaping and running down my cheeks. Vic kissed my forehead and pulled me into his chest, rubbing my back.

"Baby girl, I'm not mad at you." He said. I knew he was telling the truth, because I've heard him lie before. Not to me, of course, but to other people. He lifted my chin up and kissed my lips, wiping a tear away and smiling.

"You've been so emotional." I giggled at his words. It was true. I'm thinking it was PMS.. Maybe. I hope so. "Come here. Let me sing you something." He pulled me towards the bed and sat me at the foot of the bed. I crossed my legs in a criss-cross-applesauce way and shifted to face the head of the bed where Vic was sitting in the same position as me, with his guitar in his lap, strumming it softly and getting it in tune. He began humming softly and then sang:

"I kissed the scars on her skin.. I still think you're beautiful and I don't ever wanna lose my best friend.." He took my arm and kissed my scars. I was smiling happily as tears slowly found their way to my cheeks again. Ugh I'm so fucking emotional! "I screamed out 'God you vulture'! Bring her back or take me with her!" He sang quietly. I wiped the tears away. I've always loved Vic's signing voice. He's amazing.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"It was the beginning to one of my bands songs. It's called A Match Into Water." He shrugged like it was nothing. I giggled softly. He laid back, pulling me onto his chest and rubbed my back. I smiled, cuddling into his chest. We cuddled as he sang to me softly and rubbed my back. I yawned softly.

"I love you." He said to me. His words made my heart race and a blush appeared upon my cheeks. I stayed quiet for a while before talking.

"I love you too." I said, and we continued cuddling.

He kept singing to me until I fell asleep. We spent the rest of the night cuddling.