Music and Dancing

A/n (17/05/15) picture is Tom playing piano and video is the song mentioned in this part :)

20th July – In Limousine on the way to Demons Premiere

It is the evening of the premiere. Steph is wearing a stunning long, blue dress with high heels, her makeup was done by Meg and the eye shadow is flicked at the corners of her eyes. Meg meanwhile is wearing a short, cream, lacy dress with a matching clutch bag. Her makeup was done by Steph; it is subtle but really outlines her features. Tom and Ben are both wearing suits with bowties for this special occasion but they have a bit hangover from the night before. It was Benedict’s birthday and there was party where they both got smashed. “So what happened last night?” Ben asks, rubbing his temple.

Steph raises an eyebrow, “You don’t remember?” Ben and Tom both, in sync, shake their heads. Tom groans at this sudden movement. “You both drank the bar dry, Tom you turned up tipsy anyway. Ben you called Andrew Scott’s voice ‘sexy’ and Chris Pine’s eyes ‘intoxicating’.” Ben sighs in recollection. “At the point when both of you were hammered you…” Steph trails off.

Meg continues, “You both danced together, a slow dance and said that you loved each other.” Tom and Ben just stare into thin air remembering what happened the night before. The limo is silent. “You danced to How Long will I Love You by Ellie Goulding. It is a good song.” Meg breaks the silence and Tom hums the first line under his breath.

They arrive at the premiere and the crowds scream as Tom and Ben get out of the car. Meg and Steph stand there as they try to take it all in. There are hundreds of people, hundreds of cameras and hundreds of screams. Meg and Steph link arms, they are little nervous and begin to walk along the carpet. Meanwhile Ben greets the crowds with autographs and pictures and Tom goes up to the presenter of the premiere. “Hi Tom, can I just say first how excited we all are about this film.” The presenter begins looking at the camera. Tom smiles, revealing his perfect smile that cause the fangirls to scream.

“It was very interesting one to film.”

“And the fangirls are going crazy tonight! Another hiddlesbatch film, it is like a dream come true my friend.” The crowd nods in agreement and Tom giggles his ‘ehehehe’ laugh. “May I ask who those beautiful women are that came out of the limo with you and Benedict Cumberbatch?”

“Oh yes of course. The girl in blue is Stephanie; she worked with Ben on the film. The one in cream is Megan who worked with me. They are very lovely girls and incredible makeup artists as you will see in the film.” Tom waves at them, they wave back coyly, and they still cannot take in their surroundings.

“They look nervous, maybe you should reassure them! Thanks for speaking with us.” The presenter finishes and Tom walks over to the girls. He hugs them reassuringly and the crowd screams. Benedict heads away from the fans and walks over to the presenter. “Hello Benedict, can I begin with happy birthday for yesterday.” The presenter begins. “In fact, let’s sing Benedict Cumberbatch happy birthday!” The crowd screams and the whole premiere begins to sing happy birthday apart from Tom who feels a bit light headed.

“Thank you.” Benedict says blushing. “I had a totally great party last night which was organised by Martin Freeman. He knows how to throw a party. But apparently I embarrassed myself in front of Chris Pine and Andrew Scott so, guys I am sorry if I said anything forward.”

The presenter chuckles and looks over at Tom, Tom is just frozen in the middle of the carpet totally oblivious to his surroundings. “Is he alright?” The presenter asks Ben pointing at Tom. Ben looks over at Tom and shrugs his soldiers.

Tom’s head is spinning as he begins to feel hot and flustered. A few seconds later he falls to the floor, people rush over to help him. Two police officers, who were holding the crowds, help Tom to lie on his back straight as the girls and Ben run over. Tom rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands and breathes heavily. The police officers return to their post when a couple of paramedics sit by Tom. One checks his pulse whilst the other puts an oxygen mask on his mouth. “Can you get the crowds to be quiet please?” One paramedic asks Ben. He nods and goes towards the crowds.

“Guys can you please be quiet please whilst the paramedics see to Tom, they cannot think straight.” Ben says. Meg and Steph go to the other crowds and say the same things.

21st July – Early morning, Ben’s flat

Meg walks through the front door and stands in front of Ben and Steph who are comforting each other of the sofa. “He is going to be alright. Let’s just say he took a bit too much paracetamol.”

“He took an overdose of one of the strongest painkillers known to man? He could have died!” Ben exclaims. He buries his head in his hands and sobs. Steph hugs him tighter and Meg sits in a leather armchair. “This is my fault! It was my party and he took too many painkillers to get rid of his hangover!”

“No Ben this is not your fault. The doctor said he was fine, he probably only took one tablet too many. He will come out of hospital tomorrow. It will be ok.”

8th August – MTV Music Festival London

Many stars are at the MTV Music Festival in London including Benedict and Tom. Tom fully recovered from his overdose quickly and this is his first public appearance since the incident. They haven’t spoken since that night because they find it awkward but they haven’t stopped thinking about each other. MTV reporters are greeting the stars, there are range of musicians (obviously), dancers, actors and models. Benedict arrived about half an hour ago and is mingling with the other celebrities. Tom arrives, screams flood the carpet. He smiles as he gets out of the car and walks straight to the MTV reporter who is leaning against a piano. “Tom Hiddleston everyone!” The report says and the crowd screams louder, Benedict turns looking at Tom. He didn’t know that Tom was going come and he is about one hundred metres from Tom but can still see his smile perfectly.

“So Tom, we are so glad to see that you are alright. You gave many quite a scare at the Demons premiere. The film, by the way was an incredible film.”

“Thank you so much. I am glad to be here, I love my music so it is nice to be at the MTV music festival.” Tom begins. “I mean I love to listen to music and to play it I guess.”

“Yes, it says here-” the reporter says looking at the prompt cards. “-you play piano and guitar.”

“Barely.” Tom states still grinning.

“Mind giving us a solo act?” The report asks signalling at the piano with the well positioned microphone. The crowd screams, wanting Tom to play. Tom lifts his hand to silence them; he has a lot of power over the crowds. He moves towards the piano seat and sits whilst removing his jacket. He stretches his fingers and leans in towards the microphone. He plays a chord and begins to sing, “How long will I love you?” He begins and the crowd applauds before quickly stopping to carry on listening. “As long as stars are above you” He is singing ‘How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding’, the song that he and Benedict danced to that night. He looks straight at Benedict whilst singing the next line, “And longer, if I can.” He turns his attention back to the piano.

He finishes the song and the crowd screams and he grins but then frowns noticing that Benedict has gone. “Thank you so much Tom, many fans will be screaming for the next few weeks I am telling you."

A/n edited 10/03/15