night one

+

she sat on her bed, slouched and tiresome. this was a normal thing she did every night. at 11:11, she would wish for a prince to save her from her nightmares and take her far away from here.

it never happened. so what made each night different? nothing, honestly. liz jones, everyone called her jones, thought her fairytale could come true one night. tonight was lucky however.

the clock struck 11:11 and liz wished for her prince charming, like always. nothing happened at first but then she heard something continuously hitting her window at 11:12.

she looked out and gasped at a boy with blonde hair, seemingly blue eyes, and a black lip ring who was throwing pebbles at her window. she smiled so big and the boy opened a ladder he brought and climbed up to liz's window.

"hello there." the boy said swiftly.

"hi, i um, who're you?" he smirked.

"luke, luke hemmings. i know who you are however."

liz looked confused, "you're jones, liz jones. everyone knows you."

she didn't know anyone noticed her.

"wanna get out of here?" the boy, luke, pointed to his car parked out front.

liz nodded and took luke's hand as they climbed down the ladder, luke underneath liz. "where to, princess?"

no one ever called her princess. was this her prince charming she'd wish for at 11:11 every night?

"the city." luke drove on towards the city.

"how'd you know where i live?" liz asked.

"honestly, i have no clue. i got up about 20 minutes ago and drove to a house and my mind kept telling me it was your's. i don't know how i knew that, being honest. i'm not a creep."

liz giggled, "oh."

luke arrived in the city and liz got out of the car, luke grabbed her little hand in his as they began walking through times square. it really was the city that never slept. new york city at 11:30 pm was beautiful.

"it's beautiful, luke. wow."

"not as beautiful as you." liz blushed and giggled like a little school girl, immediately covering her mouth with her free hand.

"that was cute, no need to hide it, baby." he was so adorable it amazed liz.

"no it isn't, my god it's midnight. luke take me home i have to go to sleep. there's school soon." the boy nodded and took liz home.

"how was it?" luke asked.

"great, actually. thank you. i needed this, really." liz replied rather nice and sweet.

"all i needed was an hour to make you like me."

"yeah yeah, hush up hemmings."

"oh so we're on last names now? okay, jones."

liz laughed, "that we are. i have to go now. goodnight luke."

"wait liz-"

"i thought i was jones." she winked.

"i have to give you a kiss goodnight like a gentleman." she nodded and he kissed her cheek sweetly.

"goodnight hemmings."

"night jones. don't lose your sparkle." he whispered the last part to himself and sped off into the night.

liz got in bed and smiled to herself as she drifted to sleep, rethinking everything that just happened in the last hour.

+

aw aw aW i love them so much okay sorry i got excited and had to post this chapter.

eventually the nights will speed like next will be night two but it'll go like night six then night twelve and so on.

this is a short story after all, don't get too attached to liz and luke okay?

okay.