Part Seven. Chapter 10: Forever

Start from the beginning

The snow fell as Kyo walked towards his car once again, he had thought of spending the day away on a trip with Yuu. But the fact that it was mid week, made it difficult, naturally neither him nor Yanase had scheduled work on that day. That was probably a very irresponsible thing to do, but what is love without a little mischief? He grabbed some stuff from the convenience store and headed home with a smile on his face.

"What did you do?" Yuu asked when Kyo entered the apartment "What do you mean?" Kyo asked in confusion not fully understanding what his partner meant. "Fujino- sensei just sent me a mail saying that I am dismissed as his assistant...and he also added a bank certificate that states he transferred ¥4M (Aprox. $35 500) to my account as settlement" Yuu said showing Kyo the mail on his phone. "I talked to him this morning, I know it was something you could've handled but I didn't want you to" Ijuuin confessed immediately, after all it wasn't like he had planned to keep it a secret anyway. Yuu looked at his phone again and sighed "Thank you" he said taking Ijuuin completely by surprise. Yanase was a very independent person who didn't like things to be done for him, so Kyo legitimately expected a rant but the sincerity in Yuu's eyes as he thanked him had been a lot better, and it revealed just how much of a scare he had taken the previous day.

The day went by fast with them cuddling and preparing a dinner to celebrate. As night approached, Kyo started to become nervous. He prepared the table and settled the dishes on it, immediately after calling Yuu's name. Yanase approached with a relaxed expression and took a seat at the beautifully decorated table. Dinner had been amazing, they had talked about everything they didn't discuss on a daily basis due to time issues. When Yuu positioned himself in between his legs as they laid on the big couch, Kyo knew it was time. He slid his hand to his pocket feeling the small box inside. "Yanase- kun" he started taking a deep breath, he was more nervous than he had expected to be. Yuu turned to look at him, his eyes shining as they reflected the beautiful colors of Tokyo's lights that entered through the big window of Kyo's living room. "I have the happiest during this past year, you brought to my life what I thought I would never be able to find and I am not only grateful, I am deeply in love" he continued trying to speak steadily despite feeling like he wouldn't be able to hang on much longer. "I know in Japan, it is not possible for us, but I really don't care" he said taking the small box out of his pocket.

He could feel Yuu tensing up at the sight of the luxurious black item "I want this to be an official proposal...but asking for marriage is too common, so Yanase- kun, I mean, Yuu..." Kyo continued now opening the box exposing a shiny demi silver, demi golden ring. "Would you spend your life beside me? Would you give me the privilege of waking up everyday next to you? Would you grow old with me and build a family on our own?" he finished looking at the face of his stunned boyfriend. Ijuuin had never seen such an expression on Yuu's eyes. He looked happy yet it seemed like he was about to cry. He saw a big smile forming on Yuu's lips and suddenly he was trapped in Yuu's arms. "I want all of those and more with you" he heard Yuu whispering in his ear. He couldn't help but to hug him tighter delivering a soft kiss on his partner's cheek, slowly sliding until reaching his lips.

Their lips moved tenderly and softly until Yuu pulled away, Kyo took the luxuruous ring out of the box and softly put it on Yuu's left ring finger. "I love you" Yuu whispered admiring the ring that had been given to him "I love you too, so so much" Kyo answered feeling like his face hurt from smiling so much. Ijuuin told Yuu about how he had missed him so much in Paris and had decided this is what he wanted to do. Kyo smiled noticing Yuu's change of expression as he finished his story, being a little bit of a tsundere, Kyo had never seen Yuu smiling this much.

Ijuuin looked outside the window at the dim city lights, having his boyfriend in his arms at this warm and cozy place they called home meant everything to him. He no longer felt lonely or anxious, he felt butterflies and strange tickles all over his body, this must be what people describe as pure happiness. Kyo took a deep breath knowing there was only one last thing to say "Together forever?" he whispered into Yanase's ear with a huge smile plastered on his face "Forever" Yuu answered as he turned his head and landed another kiss on Kyo's lips.

Just like a year ago, they didn't want to fall asleep knowing that their real life was finally better than their dreams. There would certainly be many obstacles ahead, but they would be reduced to nothing by the power of love...by the power of their love.

THE END

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading Specks of Light.

If you read this whole story, that means you have read 88 pages hehe. I hoped you enjoyed this book because I certainly loved creating the sequel to my first fanfic novel.

Thank you so much to the people who vote and comment! And to those who sent messages with questions, I will post the Q&A next along with a spin off additional chapter. If you have a question, don't hesitate to send it to me ^.^

Thank you once again, love you all ^.^

Dayu- sensei <3