Part Seven. Chapter 2: Insecure

The look on Yuu’s eyes had told Kyo everything he needed to know so he turned around without hesitation heading for the car. But just as he was about to step away, he heard his name “Ijuuin- sensei. Good evening”. Kyo turned around to find exactly who he expected “Good evening, Fujino- sensei” he said ready to leave the scene. “Yanase- kun told me you hadn’t said about a word about me or my confession” Fujino said with a smile “Probably not the best of your ideas” he went on as he gallantly crossed his arms. “What?” Ijuuin asked feeling his anxiety slowly rising within his body. “What I mean to say is that, I had told Yuu- san about my feelings” Fujino confessed making Kyo feel a sudden anger rise inside him “He didn’t give me an answer so I’m guessing he has accepted my request to give the idea a thought” he continued with a satisfactory smile.

Kyo felt a cold feeling invading his body knowing that Yuu had not given a negative answer. While he didn’t want to think much about it Fujino was probably right and Yuu actually wanted to think about it. “I thought I told you not to get close to Yanase- kun” Kyo said knowing that it was a very weak phrase for such a situation, but in reality, not even his job had put him in the stressful situation he now found himself in. “Ijuuin- sensei, I respect you as an author, but as my rival...you should have known that I wouldn’t pay any attention to your warning” Fujino said confidently. “You’re not my rival, Fujino- sensei. Yanase- kun is my partner, you are merely one of the authors he works with” Kyo replied letting a good portion of his anger show in his voice. “Weren’t you also just an author he worked with before he became your partner, Ijuuin- sensei?” Fujino rebutted striking Kyo right in the heart. No matter how tough he wanted to look, whenever Yuu came into play, his weakest side was always shown.

“Anyway, it’s cold tonight so I’m going back. Have a good night, Ijuuin- sensei. I’m really looking forward to the next chapter of the manga by the way” Fujino said and left the scene with the same prideful demeanor he had used until this point. Kyo stood in place trying to control all the feelings that were getting mixed inside him. He walked towards the car hesitantly trying to gather his thoughts for the long conversation he was about to have with Yanase. He got into the vehicle, started the engine and drove away. Ijuuin was both surprised and concerned at Yanase’s silence during the entire ride. This could mean that Yanase was not upset but it could also mean that he was actually thinking about Fujino’s confession. As he approached the apartment, little memories started to go through his mind. Yanase was never really fond of the authors he worked with because they would always call him when they were already in emergency and cost him many sleepless nights. However, whenever he talked about Fujino- sensei, Yuu couldn’t be more pleased. He always complimented the author in every possible way...so could it be that he was actually considering Fujino’s proposal? Has his feelings changed as Fujino had predicted they would?

The thought sent a cold sensation to travel all the way from his head to his toes as he opened the apartment’s door. He was about to take his shoes off when Yanase finally spoke “So how long did you plan to hide that story from me?” he asked making Kyo turn to see him. Yuu usually wore a serious face, but his expression right now was not only serious, it actually reflected a bit of anger and disappointment. “Not gonna answer?” Yuu pressured further at Kyo’s lack of words. He slowly took his shoes off and followed Yuu towards the living room “Look, Yanase- kun...it’s not that I wanted to hide the story” he started with a low voice “I didn’t want you to know just yet because...well, I was insecure” Kyo said taking a seat on the big couch. “Insecure?!! What kind of reason is that?” Yuu rebutted with a calm but very serious tone “Ijuuin- sensei, I have asked you not to hide stuff from me so many times, I can’t even remember them all! How in the world did you think it was a good idea not to tell me about Fujino- sensei’s feelings when you knew it all?” Yuu went on standing closer to Kyo. “I didn’t want you to actually consider it!” Ijuuin confessed thinking that at least this much could be understandable for Yuu.

“Is that how little you trust me, then? Had you told me about it, I would’ve given my answer to Fujino- sensei at the spot” Yuu protested, his voice was calmer than any other time they had argued. “I’m sorry” Kyo replied realizing just how disappointed Yuu was. “I’m not planning on breaking up with you, sensei...but please, trust me a little more” Yanase said softly massaging his eyebrows. “It’s not a trust matter, Yanase- kun. You gotta understand, he hit my most vulnerable spot by telling me he was going to take you away from me...you’re always saying great things about him, any person in love would doubt a little!” Ijuuin spoke turning to look at Yuu right in the eyes. “What? Are you jealous? That’s the reason behind your insecurity?” Yuu asked with a soft smile forming in his lips. “I just want you to stay by my side and to love only me. I know that’s selfish but I…” Kyo started but he was quickly interrupted by Yuu sitting right next to him “That’s okay. I want the same from you, after all” Yanase said maintaining his soft smile.

Kyo smiled back and quickly grabbed Yuu’s hand, interlacing his fingers with his partner’s. “So what did he use to try to convince you?” Kyo asked landing a soft kiss on Yuu’s hair. “He said he would never let me down and that I could trust him” Yuu replied setting his head to rest on Kyo’s shoulder. “Nothing else? Wow! I thought he’d use stronger weapons” Kyo commented in surprise “Well, we don’t have that many problems, sensei...so there’s nothing he could use” Yuu replied “He did say that he wouldn’t hang out with people I was uncomfortable with or make me worry” he finished using a sarcastic tone. “Really?” Kyo asked feeling that, at least in that matter, Fujino had definitely hit the mark. “Yea...so please sensei, don’t hide things from me” Yuu spoke in a low tone. “I- I won’t” Kyo replied as a rush of anxiety traveled through his whole body remembering the tea meeting he was to attend the next day. Not only was he going to meet people Yanase felt uncomfortable with...he also hadn’t told a word about it to Yuu yet.