Chapter 1 - The New Inmate

[Meredith's POV]

"So, this is a new guy?" I asked as me and the head officer made it through the final hall of cells, inmates making rude remarks as we walked.

"Yeah. New guy here guilty of murder of an 18 year old kid in the desert and violation of a drug probation, serving 5 years," he said. "You'll be guarding him, and I don't want you to be slipping up on this, Gonzalez."

I gulped and nodded. "Y-Yes, sir," I said.

Soon, we arrived to a cell, where a tall guy with lots of tattoos and black shaggy hair reaching up to his shoulders. He laid on the top bunk staring at the ceiling.

"Hey, Radke," he said. "You've got a new guard."

The man, Radke, looked up and put on a cocky grin as he jumped down from his bunk.

"What, Nuñez got sick of me?" he snickered.

"Medical leave. Respect your CO or its another month in isolation," said the head officer.

"Pfft," Radke said. "Whatever."

"Don't mess this up, Gonzalez," he said.

I gulped nervously and nodded as he left.

"Well, that was nice of him," Radke smirked sarcastically.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, inmate," I snapped.

"Oohh, snappy. I guess you get easily defensive," he snickered.

"Like you did when you killed that kid?" I said, turning away to head back to the station, seeing his angered ghlare before I had turned.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!!" He roared as I walked out of the cell room.

~~~~~~~~~

Picture: Meredith Gonzalez

New story, this just came to mind.

Should I continue? Let me a know what you all think. ^.^=