•••

Will got to class early. It was not a coincidence that he had arrived a good 25 minuets before first bell to his classroom, he had done it on purpose. He had asked Johnathan to leave earlier than they did yesterday cause he said that he must talk to Mr.Clarke again, a lame excuse being the same as yesterday's of course, but Johnathan did not testify, he was just glad that his brother was able to find reason to go to school, want even. The real reason that William Byers had arrived almost a half hour early to class was the fear that he held within him, the fear of Troy, even some fear of Mike, no matter how ridiculous it seemed Will couldn't help to feel some fright towards him, guilt also.

Will felt mostly guilt though.

He hated to live in fear, he despised how it limited his options, but he hated everything that he feared just as much as the fear itself. Noise, he feared the noise, loud noises that sent vibrations through your spline, that made you feel ill and you skull to ache as if it were to split. His fathers shouts did that to him, so to the amount that he once had collapsed whilst being scolded for dropping a plate. The plate had made loud noises as it shattered too.

Will feared enclosed spaces, though he did not struggle to lock himself away when in moments of blind despair. He felt as if in closed spaces he could not escape, he always needed to escape, he never found one, but he knew there was one there, he just knew. But when the door is locked as with the windows too, what escape is there? How could you find you out of this nightmare?

But then fear of the thing itself. Fear nauseated Will, it did to the extent where he could not eat, not sleep, hardly think. It was at the centre of his anxiety, his anxiety that hung over his head like a constant storm. Will despised himself for that, for being so afraid, being just what his father said her was.

Giving Lonnie Byers that hold over him, letting him have the satisfaction that he was correct about Will, that Joyce was wrong.

Letting Joyce down yet again.

Will feeling guilt, cause who is he to say that his mother is Joyce Byers, how could he be her son after all he has done, all he had let his father do, being too weak, too afraid to stop him.

He has escaped his father, but he shall always be there, the constant reminder of the man on his flesh, in Troy Harrington, in his fear.

That is why Will Byers was so early to class today.

"Will?" Mr.Clarke questioned, walking into the classroom, coffee mug in hand.
Will snapped back into reality, looking at Mr.Clarke who was stood there with a puzzled expression across his face, wondering why Will Byers is in his classroom.
"Oh, uhm, good morning s-sir." Will stuttered in reply.
"Good morning to you too..." Mr.Clarke returned, placing his coffee mug down at his desk.
"Will, if you don't mind, may I ask why you are here so early...?" The teacher hesitantly asked.
"Well... you can never be too prepared?" He replies with an unsure air. It was something his mother would say. Will inwardly cringed, but Mr.Clarke saw no fault with his response, only chuckled slightly, nodding his head and pulled out a book on the theory of alternate dimensions.

•••

Children began filing into the class, the hallways that has been silent only few minuets before were new alive with the hubbub of teenagers gossip and random profanities yelled every so often. Will tapped his left foot against the floor anxiously, chewing on his nails and watching the doorway, waiting for Mike or Dustin, Lucas, even Troy, he just wanted to find some comfort in knowing where they were.

Just on que the trio walked in, Mike standing in the middle of his two dazed-looking companions. His face held a pensive expression, what looked to be a scowl was on his lips, but he had an air of proudness about him as he came and sat blatantly in at his desk, next to Will.
Mike did not turn his head to him, he did not greet him on any way, but Will sensed that Mike had forgiven him for what had happened in the office.
Had forgiven himself...
He felt a small glimmer of happiness burn within him, but it was quickly pushed away when Will saw Mikes knuckles.

His knuckles where swollen and bleeding.

Will, tensed up at the sight of Mikes bloody fist, he noticed the other was bleeding also.
Will cautiously looked to Mikes face, his bottom lip was an unusual red colour, similar to the shade of his knuckles.
Blood.
The sudden realisation hit Will, he felt his pulse skyrocket.

Mike had gotten in a fight, he had gotten in a fight with the pissed unsheathed Troy, who stood in the doorway, bleeding from his hairline, one eye closed tightly shut, the other staring right at him, his mouth in a snarl, eyes dark with fury.

Oh shit.

•••

Yes, you waited over a week for this pile of trash.
This is honestly so bad I'm sorry, I'll go over it tonight again. But I'm now on Christmas break so yes, there'll be updates my children. Goodbye now, thanks for 6k!!!!!!!!!