Where are you going? - Larry Stylinson AU One shot

"When do we get to meet this mystery man, Harry?" Niall asks.

"Yeah, the fact that you two have been together for over a year and we still haven't met him is unusual." Liam puts in.

"I told you already, we just haven't got around to it. He's really shy and I don't want to pressure him into anything." I scold. They roll their eyes as Zayn finally joins us.

"What's going on?" He asks, taking in all of our faces.

"They're asking about Louis, what else?" I mumble, taking a bite of my ham and cheese sandwich. Zayn's realization and curiosity is evident on his face as he gives both Niall and Liam a knowing look. He thinks I didn't see him but he's not at all sly.

"If you're as in love as you say you are, then he shouldn't have to mind meeting your best mates." Liam pushes.

"Can you just drop it?" I hiss, voice getting darker than I meant it to.

"Fine." He puts his hands up in defense.

"Anyway, do you want to come chill with us tonight? We're just thinking of Fifa and pizza, catching up, you know?" Niall asks, looking at me. I start to shake my head lightly.

"I can’t tonight. I have things to do." I simply reply. I catch Liam's eye roll and I don't understand why he's been so worked up about all of this. It's not like it’s his relationship.

"Do these plans involve Louis?" I nod. "How about you just come after?"

"I can’t do that, it would be too late. The only time I get to see him is at night, late, like after ten. His parents don't agree with him hanging around guys so..." I trail off. I know I just dug myself in a deeper hole but I couldn't care less. Louis means the world to me so whatever I have to do to see him is okay with me.

"Not even his parents agree with you two being together. Damn, I thought it was just us."

"Shut up, Liam. You don't even know him so stop opening your mouth when you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about." I defend, standing up and leaving the crowded lunch room behind me.

        Who does he think he is sometimes? He can’t just talk about Louis like that. My Louis. He doesn't realize how perfect Louis is.

        At night, the way the moon's light cascades over his delicate face. The way his eyes light up whenever he laughs. The way his thin lips just fit perfectly against my own. The way his little tiny hands feel when they're moving their way through my hair as I fall asleep each night. Liam's never there when Louis makes me laugh or smile at just the littlest things. Liam is never there when I feel so desperately alone, but then I see my feathery haired boy climb through my window and everything is alright.

        I think that's what I love most about Louis. He showed up one day when I felt the most alone. I yearned for someone to understand that no matter the friends or family I had, no one ever got me. I was alone in a crowded place and I needed someone to be there, grab my hand and just tell me that they were there, that they would never leave and love me for as long as they possibly could. That night, all the emptiness left and I was left with hope.

        It was after eleven at night and my parents still haven't stopped screaming at each other. I know it's my entire fault but it still hurts to hear them all through the night. If I was never in their life, maybe everything would be great for them. There would be no need to fight over money or who will be home in time to make sure I was fed. I'm seventeen for Christ's sake, I can feed myself.

        That was when I crashed right into someone, them toppling over. I caught them right before they hit the ground and I inwardly pat myself on the back.