Chapter 31

•Tyler•

I woke up shivering, not feeling anyone beside me. Sidney was gone. I got up, walking around the apartment, but he was still nowhere to be found. Panic started to creep into my head. What if he got hurt?

I tried to take my mind off of it, but something just wasn't right. There was a loud bang on the door and I ran over to it, flinging it open quickly. Sidney was standing there, blood all over his shirt. "You did this to me. This is all your fault."

"What? Sidney, I didn't- I would never hurt you!" I screamed, tears falling down my face. He toppled over and I began to scream, trying to stop the bleeding, but he was gone.

"SIDNEY!" I screamed, trying to get him to wake up. Suddenly, someone shook me and my eyes flung open.

Sidney was staring at me, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "Tyler is everything okay?!" We were lying in bed and he wasn't bleeding. It was a dream.

"I-I had a nightmare. Like the one you had." Tears had begun to leak out of my eyes. "You said it was all my fault."

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest as I let the tears snake down my face. "It was just a nightmare babe. I'm not going anywhere. Go back to bed."

"Is it raining?" I mumbled, hearing what sounded like rain hitting the window. He nodded and I jumped up, taking the comforter with me and curling up next to the window and watching the rain splatter against it.

Sidney sat down next to me and rested his head against my shoulder, stealing some of the comforter to wrap around his shoulders. "I could sit with you like this for forever." he mumbled into my hair, kissing my temple.

"Our muscles would atrophy." I said, yawning. "Not enough movement."

"Okay kill-joy." Sidney grumbled.

"I do it out of love." I said, laying down and resting my head in his lap. That didn't last long, and soon enough he was laying down beside me, spooning with me.

"I like listening to the rain with you." I said quietly, tracing the muscles in Sid's arm that was tossed over my hips.

"I like laying here with you and doing this." he echoed, kissing my neck softly. I turned and kissed him hard, making sure we were as close as possible.

"Ty-" he said, panting a bit. "Not now baby. I've gotta get some sleep and so do you. You haven't been sleeping well."

I nodded biting my lip and turning back around. "Hey." he said, pulling me into his chest. "I'd rather see you rested."

"I know." I said quietly, closing my eyes and slowly falling asleep.

**********

I woke up to light kisses on my neck and rolled over to face Sid, who was grinning at me. "Good morning." I whispered.

"Morning beautiful." he mumbled into my hair before kissing my temple. I smiled and cuddled into his chest, breathing in his cologne.

"Practice today?" I asked, really hoping he would say no.

"It's optional," he said while brushing his thumb over my cheek. "But I'm gonna go. Our first playoff game against Columbus is in 3 days."

I nodded, my hope for lazing the day away with him gone. I was off from work for once, and of course he had to go to practice.

I sighed softly and got up, heading into the bathroom. "Ty, I don't have to go yet, come back!" Sid said, knowing I was upset.

I shut the bathroom door and took a deep breath, looking at my reflection. I washed off all of the leftover makeup on my face and brushed my hair quickly before walking out and into the kitchen to find something else to eat.