I picked up the phone and it was a text from someone named Cameron. I brushed it off until I got a closer look at the contact picture. It was Naia's bitch ass ex. What the fuck is Mariah doing talking to him? Something about this shit don't feel right and I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I threw the phone down then turned over and went to sleep.

*************

The next morning I woke up and she was gone. Good because I still had that shit on my mind from last night. I sat up in the bed and checked my phone, I had missed calls from my niggas and a few texts from Naia.

LilScrub😍😘💜💍: Que, can you come over? Well, whenever you wake up I need company.
LilScrub😍😘💜💍: I mean you don't have to keep me company. I'll be okay.
LilScrub😍😘💜💍: Ok maybe I lied bring ya ass and Im hungry:/

That girl is something else. I chuckled and texted her telling her I was on my way the tossed my phone in the bed. I stood up and shuffled across my carpeted floor to the bathroom. I turned the shower off, stripped in 2 seconds and jumped in.

I stayed in the shower for a good 15 minutes making sure I was clean. I cut the shower off, grabbed my dry towel and wrapped it around my waist before opening the shower door and stepping out onto the cold floor.

I went into my room to pick out something to wear. I slipped on some boxers then went into my closet. I found some gray harem sweats and a green Billionaire Boys hoodie to wear. I put on a wife beater and a plain white vneck, applied deodorant then put on my clothes. I found some socks and slipped on my green and white Roshe Runs. I untied my dreads and let them hang loose. I grabbed my keys, my phone and wallet then headed out of my apartment.

I reached my car and quickly hopped in then headed over to get something to eat for Naimah and I then headed to her house.

*************

"OMG, those pancakes hit the spot, Que. Thank you." Naia laid back on the sofa and placed her feet on my lap.

"You're welcome, baby girl." I laughed and started to rub her feet. "How you feeling today?"

"Better. My ribs are still in a bit of pain, and of course my arm hurts," she lifted her casted arm then laid it back on her lap. "Other than that I'm good. The doctors said it's great that I'm quickly making this much progress but of course they have to keep a close watch on some things. Other than that I feel good. Especially with you rubbing my feet, Lord Jesus, you know how to work your hands. " She giggled flashing that beautiful smile and those deep dimples.

"Ha, well you know." I laughed before leaning over to kiss her.

The kiss was soft, sweet and sensuous, nothing like any kiss I've ever had. Not even with her when we were together. Damn, I missed that. We shared a few more small kisses before pulling away to stare into each other's eyes. Man, everything about her is so beautiful. I could spend these moments with her for the rest of my life and I plan to. No one can stop me. Or us. This my baby, man.

Naimah

"Ms. Taylor, how many perpetrators were there the night of your assaults?"

"I-I-I'm not sure. I never looked back I only heard voices." I nervously answered the officer recollecting the traumatizing night that occurred almost two weeks ago while holding my head down and playing with my fingers.

"Did the voices sound like anyone you know or are familiar with?" He questioned.

Yes. Unfortunately, those are the details I wanted no remembrance of. It scared me like nothing ever could.

"Ms.Taylor?"

"Yes. Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I recognized the voices. One of them sounded like Cayden."
A few tears began collecting in the wells of my eyes because I knew exactly where this was heading. My palms began sweating and I felt beads of sweat forming at my temples.

"Who is Cayden?" The officer sat back in his chair stirring at his coffee with a coffee stirrer before taking a sip.

"Cayden, he's uhm, he's my ex-boyfriend, Cameron's younger brother."

Nylah, Jacquees and Soraya's eyes simultaneously widened at that statement. Jacquees' began flexing his jaw muscles and playing with his fingers, I could tell he was angry, but not just any anger he had this look in his eyes like he knew something. Soraya and Nylah both looked pissed in the worst way but I could tell they were both masking their anger for my sake.

"Do you think he, Cameron, could have anything to do with this?" was his next question after taking a few notes.

"I don't know."

"Hell yes!" Soraya yelled out finally letting go of her anger. "Cameron is written all over this it's nothing unlike before!"

I just put my hand in my head and let the tears flow because she was only telling the truth. Why my life? Why me? Why the hell me?

*************

"Ooh, Naia I'm telling you! Let me get Pook and Red on them bitch-ass niggas! I promise you'll be good." Soraya was still going off about what took place at police station.

All I could do was laugh. My girl always know how to make me feel better even when she isn't trying. My sister sat next to me holding my hand and consoling me. I looked over at Jacquees who was consumed in his phone. I was going to start messing with him until his phone rang and he got up and moved to a near-by booth. What the hell is that all about?

"Hello?" I heard him answer whoever was on the phone. "I'm out with Soraya, Naiamah and Nylah... what?... Mariah I really do not wanna speak to you right now... You aint right. Why would you want to hurt Naimah?.. Know what forget it, I'll talk to you later, bruh... Whatever." He hung up the phone and moved back to his seat.

Hurt me? What is he talking about?

*************

It's been a few days since the police questioning and I've had some good days and some bad days but I guess each day was a blessing in its own. My pain was beginning to subside and my headaches were getting better. Everyone's been keeping a close watch on me never letting me out of their sight for too long. I love them but damn it, I need some kind of space.

I was sitting in my living room scrolling down Twitter on my phone waiting for Nylah and Soraya to get back with our food and Redbox. I was just about to get off when I saw Mariah being retweeted on to my TL ranting about some female so me being the nosey person I am I went to lurk. I started from the earlier tweets on up to make sure I got full notice of the story. She hasn't tweeted much so this was easy.

"Time with my Que Bear (:" 2 weeks ago
"Ugh... this bitch again." 2 weeks ago
"Ha! Mariah gets what Mariah wants, believe that." a week ago
"I'm getting about tired of her.. she has to GO! Forreal this time." 4 days ago

"Aw hell nah not this bitch again..." 20 minutes ago
"That dumb broad got my brothers picked up!!!" 15 minutes ago
"Imma make sure that hoe gets hers!" 14 minutes ago
"Cam & Cayden gon be free and when they'll do they'll be back for you BESTFRIEND." 10 minutes ago

I could not believe my eyes. Is this what Jacquees meant? He knew about this shit and didn't say anything? I cannot fucking believe Mariah was behind all of this. How the hell does she know Cameron and Cayden? Fuck that shit, this bitch was getting it. I have a lot of anger built up and I'm out for blood. Specifically the blood of Mariah. This bitch done fucked with the wrong one. She gon learn, learn she fucking will.