Part Five; Greatest Day

Just before the pod reached the platform, Dan grabbed my hand and dragged me to the sliding door. From oustide I could hear cheering and clapping, but there was a pole in the way so I couldnt see. As the platform came into view, I couldnt believe my eyes. My hand was still wrapped in Dan's but the other flew to my mouth. Standing on the ground was a group of people; all that I knew. Mum, Dad and my sister Charlotte. Dan's mum, dad, his little sister Cass and older sister Steph with her husband Mark and their baby Joe. Phil, PJ, Chris, Kelly and Sarah. As the doors were pulled open and me and Dan stepped out, a huge cheer and clapping lifted in the air. I ran at Kelly, and she hugged me hard. 'HANNAH OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!' she cried, holding me at arms length, 'You did say yes, right?'. 'OF COURSE!' I laugh. After much talking and laughing with our close friends and family; we moved from the platform to the road side. 'Okay guys, you all need to follow me.' Dan announced. I looked at him, raising my eyebrows but he just smiled, took my hand and we started to walk. 

Just before we reached our destination, Dan squeezed my hand. 'Hannah? I have something to tell you.' he said, smiling. 'Okay, what is it?'. 'Today, when your mum came home from being at yours I was there. They were the last I told about tonight. I waited for your mum to get home then I sat them both down in the kitchen, and asked them if I could marry you. Your mum thought we were going out for a meal, didn’t she? I went round, and when they said yes got changed and ready there.' he smiled, finishing his little speech. I was speechless - 'You asked my dad if you could marry me? Oh my god!' I laugh, 'That’s the sweetest thing!'. His arm snaked round my waist as we were walking and he pulled me close. 'I love you' he whispered. 'I love you too' I smile.

Two hours later we were sitting in a restaurant, all my closest friends and family. On my left was Dan, and on my right Kelly. Opposite me mum sat, laughing at something Dan's mum Julie said to her, who she was sitting next to. Everyone looked so happy - just about as happy as I felt, maybe not as much! I glanced at Dan, who was talking to Phil who was next to him. He laughed at a line Phil had come out with, and tipped his head back. He looked so beautiful when he laughed. He glanced at me and caught me looking at him. He grinned, and leant towards me placing his arm on the back of my seat. ‘Whattcha looking at?’ he asked cheekily, looking into my eyes. My own eyes moved down his face, and rested on his lips. ‘You’ I replied, leaning in for a kiss.