"I meant to see Clay" she replied, smirking when Hannah's cheeks flushed. "I think that answered my question" Faith pointed to her face before turning and picking up her phone from her middle console.

"Its not like that" the other brunette pointed out making Faith look up.

"Right, and water isn't wet" She teased, making Hannah laugh lightly. "Look, I know you say its not like that Han, but you look at him and you have the prettiest, brightest smile I've ever seen you wear. You don't even smile at my dog like that, and you're in love with my dog."

"Can we just go inside?" Hannah asked, trying to save herself from her best friends teasing. 

"After you admit how excited you are" she retorted, smiling playfully.

"Faith!" 

"Oh come on" 

The two stared each other down, Faith's smile growing after she realized Hannah was tensing under the hard glare.

"Fine, I'm glad I get to see and talk to Clay tonight, now can we go before I change my mind?" Hannah asked, frowning at her best friend jokingly.

"Atta' girl." Faith smirked, opening her car door and stepping out, looking over the roof of her car to see Hannah doing the same. 

Shutting the doors, they both approached Jessica's house and entered a few minutes later. 

The pair stood in the living room, looking for familiar faces. Faith smiling once she got sight of her friend Jeff who was stood near exactly who Hannah wanted to see. Clay. 

She lightly grabbed Hannah's wrist and squeezed gently, offering a small smile as Clay approached as Faith was about to dismiss herself. 

"Clay" Faith nodded at the boy, smiling softly at him.

"Faith" he had responded, his smile growing once he had reached Hannah.

Faith had gotten to the kitchen, leaning against Jeff who smirked at her.

"They'd look so good together" The raven haired girl gushed, the boy beside her agreeing. 

"We're so good at this matchmaking thing, huh?" He joked, nudging her shoulder making her laugh and shake her head.

. . . . . .

Clay was sat in Tony's car, listening to a reminiscing Hannah Baker while the other mentioned girl on the tape was sat at the local cafe, a textbook settled on the table in front of her, along with a steaming cup of tea. 

Their was soft music coming from her headphones, her crossed legs bouncing along with the songs, her doe eyes never leaving the book in front of her as she focused on the psychology notes sprawled out.

Her mind was clear for once, the school problems being the only ones consuming her thoughts. 

Skye'd  came over a few more times that night, asking the brunette if she'd needed anything, always getting a small smile and head shake in return.