Chapter 1 : The Beginning

The figure quickly pinned me from the back and covered my mouth so my scream won’t be heard. I was struggling to make his hand lose grip of me but he was too strong for me to handle. This kind of strength is definitely a man’s strength. I tried looking for my sword but it was too far that I couldn't even reach it.

"Shhhhhh! Quit struggling and stay calm! Or they will notice us!” he whispered. I flinched in fear.

(What is this person talking about? Even if some bad people were searching for him but don't drag me into your problem! Stupid! I don't even know where we are or how we even get here! I just wanna go back to where I belong. I don't wanna die from hunger or even getting killed. Please leave me alone.)

All of my thoughts were flowing out of my head. I was trembling in fear and I could feel tears started to well up in my eyes. It's just a matter of time before it flows down my face.

"Don't worry you'll be fine! And if you calm down and relax, we both will be able to survive", he whispered

(Huh!? What the hell is he talking about and who is he talking to. Is he insane talking to himself? I’m certainly positive that he is not talking to me.)

"Oh, I forgot to mention that the one we're hiding from are trolls in this forest. I heard that they are kinda starving since they haven't ate for years .hahaha…..” he said while chuckling awkwardly

(What? Trolls? They don't exist do they? Well they don't exist in the real world. Then where the hell are..... Wait a minute. I never say anything about all of this. Is this guy––

“Yes, I'm reading your mind. “He whispered back to me before I could even finish my sentence in my head

"Sorry for dragging you into my problem. I saw a shine here, so I thought I should warn anyone here to be careful since there's trolls in the forest. But I fail to notice that one of the troll was already onto me."

I felt bad for him and follow all his instructions. I kept my breathing to a lower level and calm myself. Even after all I done, he still refuses to let go of me for his grip. I guess he still feels bad for dragging me into his mess. But I seriously had hard time breathing with his hand on my mouth.

After a few minutes past, he finally loosens his grip around me. I quickly escape and tried to get hold of my sword. Unfortunately, I stumbled down the ground with my head kissing the grass because of one stupid rock.

"You're one funny girl aren't you" he laughed. I could feel that my cheek was burning red due to the embarrassment I receive. He went closer to me and gave me a helping hand.

I got up from the group and was standing right in front of him. He was about 6 feet tall, had black hair, blue eyes and I think that he’s the type of guy that girls might fall for him at first sight but not for me. While trying to observe him, our eyes suddenly meet. He too was observing me I guess. He gave me an awkward smile. I could think of anything but to smile back and said

 “Thanks”

****

She was standing right in front of me. She had black hair, black eyes and was very small. I guess she is just a 12 years old kid and to think that she was alone here without anyone. She must be terrified. Well she did shiver when I was holding her and I actually lied about reading her mind.

“I’m sorry”, She stared at me.

“Sorry for what?” She asked

“Huh. Ah. Nothing! Hahahahaha.” She keeps on staring at me. I tried to avoid eye contact as it was an awkward situation. After a while, she went next to the white sword and placed it back in its cover which was located at her waist.

“What a lovely sword you had there and where did you get it, kid?”

“Excuse me? Who are calling a kid?” she asked

“Well, who else is there for me to call a kid? If you hate me calling you a kid then would you mind tell me you name and age?” I told her. She went silenced for a while.

“Miharu...”

“Age?”

“16 years old”

“What? You got to be kidding me! You’re my age but you're so small!"

“Sorry for being small”, She said with a bright red blush on her cheek.

“What about you, Giant-san?” she asked

“Hahahaha. That’s a lovely nick name you gave me. The name is Ren. Nice to meet you.”

****

Ren told me that he too was suddenly in the forest and was all alone. He said that after he woke up, he found a twin gun inside his pocket. He took it out and gave me to so I could look at it. The gun was heavy it was black in color and had the similar mark as my sword. I quickly took out my sword and showed him the similar marking.  

“Do you what this marking is?” I asked. He shook his head and had a confused facial expression.

“Well, do you know how to use a sword?” he asked

“I’ve learned kendo from my brother before but never wanted to continue learning it because it was kinda boring. But I love taekwondo and I’m a black black.”I said with a proud face.

“But you couldn’t even break free from my grip! Hahahahaha. Just kidding. If I was a normal boy maybe I would have lose grip on you.” He said

“If you’re not normal, than what are you? An alien?” I asked.

“Hahahahah. Another nick name for me. Well, I've played all kind of sports but right now I’m into ---”

“Sumo.”I said before he could even finish his sentence.

“NO!! I’m in the swimming team. Why do you have to be so mean?”He said .The forest was full with our laughter and I wasn’t scared anymore.

Suddenly a siren went off; the sky turns pure black and every started to feel chilly and eerie. It was so dark that I couldn’t even see a thing until a big white tablet stone appeared in the middle of the sky.