Chapter 4

Christmas eve and Christmas morning go by so quickly, before I know it we're already opening Christmas presents Christmas afternoon. My sister picks up her gift from the boys. "Why does this say from Ash, Mike, Cal, and Luke?" She asks. "When they stopped by yesterday they gave me this to give to you." I say.  "Oh... Okay." She says. She opens it and holds up the shirt. Her eyes widen as well as her mouth. "A SIGNED 5SOS SHIRT OH MY GOSH!" I open up the gift I got from Luke. "It's a OneRepublic CD." I say. I remember telling him I liked them once a long time ago. Dude's good. "Alice you're the only one with gifts left." My mom says in a weird tone. I look over. Oh. She's right. I grab the next on which is from Calum. It's a box of sketching pencils. I open the one from Michael. It's a box of markers. These are definitely last minute gifts.

The last thing to open is from Ashton. My heart rate increases just thinking about him. It's just a plane box, but what's inside makes my heart flutter. It's a custom phone case perfect for my phone that has my favorite picture of myself and Ashton smiling together on it. There's also a small paper. "You can open the note now." It says. I smile. I knew it was from him. "What did you get?" My dad asks. I hold up the phone case. "This is what Ashton got for me! Isn't he the sweetest?" I say with a smile. They smile at me. "That was nice of him." My mom says. "Well, dinner's almost ready." She get's up and goes to the kitchen. Good that means I can go too. I run to my room to find the note.

Once I find it I open it as quick as possible. I've been dying to know what it says. "Hey! I hope you like the phone case! I want it to remind you of me when I can't be there with you. I miss you so much when we're not in the same country. I'm so glad you spent Christmas here where we can see each other. I really think you'll like Australia. The boys and I love you so much and when we leave each other from now on I'm giving you a big hug, okay? You don't have a choice so don't answer. This is getting pretty girly so I'm just gonna stop here. Merry Christmas! - Ashton." I smile and my heart flutters. It's just a normal note, and tweet it's the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

I grab my phone and change the case. I notice a new text from Ashton. "What did you think of my gift?" He says. I smile. "It's great it's on my phone right now." I reply. "Yay! Merry Christmas!" He says. I laugh. He's the cutest. "Merry Christmas to you too. I have to go soon, dinner's almost ready" I say. As I hit enter my mom calls for me to have dinner. "Correction... IS ready." I reply and place my phone on my bed before running to the kitchen.

Dinner goes by too slowly. My parents remain quiet for the first Christmas ever. So once it ends I'm glad. I go to my room and check my phone. "Have a good dinner. Wanna do something tomorrow? Unless you have plans, that is." He wrote. "Mom do we have any plans for tomorrow?" I yell. "No, we're just gonna relax after all the going and going over he last few days." She yells back. I smile to myself. "Thanks!" I yell to her. "Nothing planned, what were you thinking?" I text back. A few minute's later he replies with. "Nothing much, just wanted to know if you wanted to come over and then maybe we could drive around a bit so you can see some things from where I'm from." I smile again. That actually sounds like the most perfect thing ever. Being with Ashton and seeing where he's from. I just hope I can control myself that long. In fact, maybe this can be a test. If I can, that means I may be able to keep this up until I like someone else.

"That sounds fun. How's 1-5?" I text back. "How about 11-whenever? Sorry it's just that I haven't seen you in a month so.." He writes back. I almost wish he knew how happy that made me. "Sounds great. :)" I reply. My heart flutters. I leave my phone on my bed again and pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I don't know why I should care. If only I could stop caring what he thought. I end up with white shorts that go down to my knees and a pink shirt that says. "Don't even talk to me unless you're Ashton Irwin." That I had made before I met him. I don't think he knows I have it, but I thought it would be funny to show him when I packed it. 

I go upstairs and help my mother clean up after Christmas. "So why were you asking if we had plans tomorrow?" She asks. "Ashton asked if we had anything planned because he wants to spend the day with me." I say. I try to fight back my smile, but dang is it hard. "Are you guys together yet?" She asks. "No! I don't think we ever will be. We're just friends." I say trying not to sound obvious. My mom and I quit talking about Ashton when I say that, and honestly I'm glad. However I do wish I had someone to talk to this about.