Don't get the nargles in,

Love you,

Helena

She pocketed the letter, intent on making it into the Quarter to send it before the weeks end, despite what Klaus said. She couldn't not contact her godson for months on end. She was missing him after a week. She knew she had to edit the letter throughly, since he was three and Andromeda read the letters to him, and she didn't want Andromeda to worry about her living with vampires.

"Helena?" Klaus called as he approached the kitchen. "The doctor is here."

Dr. Broussard was a middle aged woman with a piercing gaze and sat glaring at Klaus. Helena shifted uncomfortably as she sat between the two.

"Miss Mikaelson-"

"It's Potter." Helena quickly corrected.

"Miss Potter, I can assure you, with these results, you are no doubt pregnant." Doctor Broussard waved the test results in her hand.

"Oh." Helena said softly, looking down at her stomach. It's not that she hadn't expected it, Klaus had convinced her, but she couldn't really picture her swelling abdomen or her being a mother. She tuned out Klaus as he spoke to the witch about her concerns and thought about what Hermione would say if she were alive and present. She flinched when the doctor was suddenly touching her arm, before Klaus placed a warm hand on her shoulder, comforting her.

"I'm just going to perform a small protection spell to make sure the baby remains okay despite your condition." The doctor said in an uncharacteristically soft voice.

Klaus watched with shrewd eyes as Helena squeezed her eyes shut.

"Is she supposed to be in pain?" He snapped.

"Don't worry, Klaus." Helena tried to comfort him. "It is nothing."

"It is not nothing." The doctor said curiously as she looked at Helena. "She will be fine. As will the baby." She told Klaus. "You must, however, not perform anything to strenuous. Nice meeting you, Helena Potter." She smiled, and in that moment, Helena met the first person who knew of her life. When her mouth opened to protest, the doctor continued quickly "It is alright, dear Lion. No need to worry." She said. trying to reassure the younger girl that her secret was safe with her.

"I will see you out." Klaus declared the conversation over.

"Thank you." Helena said softly before Klaus led the woman away.

Helena stopped and looked around the room she was left in and smiled as she saw an expensive looking chess game. She thought of how boring it must be to play without the pieces' movement and destruction. She picked up a knight and looked at it, squeezing it in her hands.

"Well now that is done with, I will be going into the quarter. Is there anything you need?" Klaus reentered. He had to put on a show for Marcel, afterall.

"Have fun." Helena said, not taking her eyes off the knight.

Two weeks later, Helena was reading in the library while Klaus was out once again, when a leggy blonde walked in.

"Rebekah, what a surprise." Helena smiled warmly. She had nothing against the woman, in fact she was quite fond of her.

"Helena, heard you had a bun in the oven." She smirked the famous Mikaelson smirk.

Helena smiled tightly, still not acknowledging the baby. "What brings you here?"

"Elijah hasn't called me. So that stands to reason that my nefarious brother has taken my admirable one hostage in a coffin."

"Would Kl-"

"You will have to learn, dear little Helena, that if you disappoint Klaus, he will end you the only way he knows how. Now, help me find dear Elijah."

Helena shrugged. She wouldn't let Klaus hurt her, but she could help Rebekah and Elijah. "Where to look first?"

Rebekah left after their fruitless search, leaving Helena once again alone. She sat in the library, in front of the chess set, as she had every day for weeks. She was often alone: she now knew why Elijah had disappeared and Klaus was only around enough to ensure that she ate enough to sustain her and the baby. So she sat, focused on levitating that damned night. She remembered how terrified she was in her first year, when Ron was smashed as he rode the knight on McGonaggal's giant chess set. She imagined the piece slowly floating, and for the first time it was knocked over. She smiled so wide, she felt like her face could break. It wasn't like how powerful she was, but it was something. A wave of exhaustion passed through her and she leaned back in her chair, deciding that a quick nap was well deserved.

Klaus walked in that evening to find Helena still in a deep sleep. Instead of waking her, he picked her up delicately and brought her upstairs to her bedroom. He frowned when he saw boxes that he certainly hadn't supplied her with, but placed her in the bed. He stalked over to one box and opened it, but saw it was merely filled with clothes. He walked back over to the bed and softly pulled the covers over her sleeping form. He brushed the hair out of her face, before turning to leave.

"How sweet. Big bad Klaus is falling for little innocent Helena." Rebekah sneered.

"What do you want, Rebekah." Klaus said instead of denying anything.

"I want Elijah, Klaus."

The week continued with little contact between Helena and the Originals siblings until she walked in on Klaus wearing a suit.

"You look dashing." She said, trying to fill the silence.

Klaus turned around, surprised that Helena had said anything. She'd been withdrawing more and more over the weeks. He'd been too busy infiltrating Marcel's little gang to do anything about Helena, though. "Thank you." He smiled.

Helena further surprised both of them when she approached Klaus and straightened his tie. "What are you doing this evening?" She asked.

"I'm going to a masquerade." He said.

Helena laughed. "What fun."

Klaus smirked. "What does that mean, Miss Potter?"

"Oh nothing." She kept grinning up at him.

Klaus turned around and put a record on. A slow number began to play and he held his hand out. "Would you like to dance?" He asked.

She placed her hand in his and he wrapped his hand around her waist. He could just feel the beginnings of a baby bump. He slowly swayed them, surprised that Helena knew some of the more intricate moves as she easily kept up. "How are you feeling." He asked.

Helen shrugged. "A bit stir crazy."

Klaus frowned but didn't say anything, instead he asked about the boxes in her room.

"A friend sent them to me." She said simply. "Klaus, where is your brother?" She tried to broach the subject.

Klaus broke off from her and angrily turned off the music. "I think that's enough for one night." He snapped angrily.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to anger you." She said as he walked out of the room. Klaus almost stopped. No one had ever apologized like that sincerely to him.

"Goodnight, Helena." He said as he left.