Chapter 3

"Hi, dad!" I said, cheerily. "Get in!" he yells. "What? No hello? Not even a nice to see you?" Kate asks. "Yeah, dad." I agreed with Kate. "All I've got right now, is put the assault rifle away before someone sees you." my dad said, and then turns to me, "And you..your bow." I sigh, but put my bow away and then back over to my dad and hugged him. It took him a few seconds and then he hugged me back. 'Oh, this ought to be fun'. I thought to myself.

Kate came back over to us. "That's the brother I know and love." she said, "Chris. There were two of them." "The Alpha?" my dad asked, releasing me from my hug. "I don't know, but the one tried to kill and the other, Crystal later on." Aunt Kate answered. "What do you mean, Crystal?!" my dad exclaimed, "One tried to kill you?" I could hear the concern and fear in his voice. "I'm fine. Really." I said. "Ok. Good." he said, "But you know one of them was going to lead us to the other, but he can't very well do that, if he's dead." "Well, I can't help kill either of them, if I'm dead." Kate said, exasperated. "How long will it take?" my dad asks. I know he means the special bullet. Kate shrugs and then said, "I'd give him forty-eight hours. If that." My dad just looks serious, like he's thinking hard. Then Kate walks back to her vehicle for something.

"You're sure you're okay?" my dad asks me. "Yes, I'm sure. I'm fine." I replied. "What happened?" my dad asked me. So I tell my dad the truth. I told him about the werewolf knocking the bow out of my hands and then he growls at me before taking off. "Hmmm..." my dad said and then hugged me again, "Let's go." "Sounds good. " I replied. So we headed back to the vehicles and I get in with Kate and we follow my dad back to the house. We go in as quietly as we can, as not to wake up my mom and sister. Kate settles in the guest room that leads to the bathroom and I settle into the smaller guest room. I changed into my pajamas and crawl into bed. I am so tired. Unpacking can wait. As soon as I close my eyes, I fall asleep immediately.  

* * * 

The next morning, I was trying to sleep in. But then I heard exciting screaming. So I got up and went to Kate's room. Allison's there and hugging and they were both screaming happily. Then they stopped when they saw me. "Crystal!" Allison said, happily. She then hugged me. "I missed you." she said. "Same here." I said. "So how's everything with you?" Allison asked. "Everything's good. How about you?" I replied. "Good." she said.

"I don't see you for a year and you turn into a freakin' runway model." Kate said to Allison. She just smiles. "Look at you." Kate said then. Allison then laid on Aunt Kate's bed. "Aunt Kate! I hate you." Allison said, laughing, "I haven't even showered yet." "Sweetie. You're a knock out, like your sister. And in fact...I hope you have the boys knocking your teeth out for your attention." Aunt Kate said. "I kind of have one." Allison replied, smiling. "You kind of have one? You should kind of have more." Aunt Kate said. We all laughed. "No, she should save some for me." I replied. We all laughed again.

"Do you need help unpacking?" Allison asked. She went to reach for the one suitcase and Aunt Kate grabs her wrist. "Oh, no. Not that one." Aunt Kate said. 'Phew'. I thought to myself. 'That was a close one.' "Oh. See you turn out beautiful and I end up with this 'Kung Fu death grip'." Aunt Kate replied. We all laughed again. "Sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to be so rough." Aunt Kate replied and then headed into the bathroom. "No worries." Allison said, then "Hey, is everything okay with your car?" "Uh...yeah." Aunt Kate answers, slowly, "I just needed a jump start, that's all." Allison looked to the bathroom and looks confused. "A jump start?" she asked. She had a weird look on her face. She looks to me. I nodded and then got up. I head out the door before she asks me about it.

I debated whether or not to unpack right now, but decided to go downstairs first. My mom's there making breakfast. "Hey mom!" I said. "Crystal, honey!" my mom exclaims happily. Then she hugged me. "I'm so glad you're here. I've missed you." my mom replied. "I've missed you too." I said. "Ok. Well, I already registered you for school. You'll start today." my mom said. I groaned. "Can't I start tomorrow? Since we got in so late?" I asked, "And haven't even unpacked yet? I got like three hours of sleep." I then yawned. My mom laughed. "Nope. Sorry. Unpack after school. Education is important." she replied. "So is getting enough sleep to stay awake during school." I mumbled back. "Well, maybe you guys should of started out sooner to get here earlier." my mom said. I just shook my head. 

* * * 

So after a shower and eating breakfast I looked at what I was wearing. A teal crew neck tee and my favorite faded blue denim boot cut jeans. I grabbed my maroon hoodie and shoved it in my backpack in case I got cold. I had brushed my dark brown hair and was deciding on what to do with it. I just left it hanging down.