Chapter 25

"People of Riverdale, I have rid this town of the drug-dealing child-killer and others like him. Now, you must choose your fate. The next 48 hours will be a test. And I will be watching you very closely. Show me you are pure of heart, and my work ends. Continue to sin, and I will take up the sword again."

Y/n's Story Line

Y/n's POV

    "Wow," I mumble as I stare at the paper. 

   "I know," Jughead says as he skims through the letter again. 

  "This is a lot," I say, "I feel like we should hide. For the whole 48 hours."

"That isn't an option N/n," He says.

"I know," I say, "its just. A lot." The annoying sound of a phone ringing fills the room. Jughead quickly sits up and grabs it. 

"Hello?" He asks. His face grows sour and he jumps up. He turns back to me and sighs. 

"Whats up babe?" I ask.

"I have to go to Pops," He says, "meet some serpent."

"Alright," I say. He pulls on an outfit and walks back towards me. He plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye love you," He says.

"Love you too," I say. He rushes out leaving me in the room alone. "And then there was one." I skim through the other pages and I specific article catches my eyes.

David L/n out on parole after half of his murder sentence. Is Riverdale his next target? Will he join the blackhood? Or be his next victim?

*****

"You guys, I'm worried about my dad," Kev says as we walk the halls, "The town is turning on him. He's trying his best under these crazy circumstances, but this Black Hood stuff is really getting to him."

"How is he dealing with it?" Veronica asks.

" -Yeah, what's he been doing?" Betty asks.

"He's not sleeping. He's not eating. I hear him rummaging around the house at odd hours, talking to himself, just heading out in the middle of the night," Kevin says. 

"I'm sorry Kev," I say. 

"Where do you think he's going?" Veronica asks.

"Where's he going?" Betty asks. I look and the girls and decide to not get into it.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it's It's like he's a different person," Kev says. I pull him into a hug and he hugs back. I pull away as I feel my phone buzz. 

Toni - Tonight at midnight

"Listen I've gotta go guys," I say, "helping Lily with the house."

"Want help?" Betty asks.

"Maybe another time," I say, "but not at the moment."

*****

   "Listen Toni," I say, "I haven't really talked to Jughead about this." She and I were at my moms old house. I was sitting with a can of paint working on my decoration for the accent wall. It was a moon and stars on a black wall.

"Why should you?" She asks.

"Because he is my boyfriend and I love him," I say, "and I hate keeping secrets from him." She was helping me work on my room. Lily was sitting in the other room with Anna and Sophia painting Anna's room.

 "From what you've told me he's had plenty of his own secrets," She says.

"Yeah but so have I," I say, "and I hate hiding this from him."